Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Iron Chef!

As many of you know, the theme for my birthday this year is Iron Chef! What is Iron Chef you say? Well, it is a very funny and entertaining Japenese cooking show that involves two chefs who compete in an intense one-hour cooking competition. And, in that one hour, they must create at least five dishes that contain the secret ingredient. I love this show, I'm sad that the original is no longer on the air. Fortunately, the Americans picked it up and we now have Iron Chef America. A chef of reknowned cooking talent comes on the show and challenges one of the Iron Chefs. Well, my birthday is following this pattern... sort of.

For my birthday, everyone is competing to become the Next Iron Chef. And party attendees must bring a dish containing the secret ingredient. The secret ingredient is oranges. Then, people will judge each dish on Taste, Plating, and Originality.

It should be a good fun. I'm all excited to see what people will bring. I'll give a post birthday report of the events after they occur. I'm guessing that we might get people who just bring oranges, or orange juice or orange soda.... we'll see.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Quit giving away my awesome recipes dangitt!

Jenni Elyse said...

We'll see...

Jasmine said...

Orange soda? Come on, people. Ya gotta put some effort into actually MAKING it...which is why I'm not dissing OJ. :) I wish I could come. I love experimenting, and I also love that show! Hope you have fun!