Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I Just Had a Memory

I just remembered something that I haven't really remembered before now. I remembered the pool in Minnesota. And now I am going to share this memory with my blog because I fear that if I don't write it down, I will forget it.
I remember that us kids would get dropped off at the pool, I usually went with my then best friend Jamie Calverly. The older kids i.e. Marie, Jake, Norm, and Mike would come to, or maybe it was that they would go and I would come to. I don't think I was allowed at the pool without them.
Anyway, I remember the parking lot and how it was hard and gravely and hurt my bare feet as I walked up to the front of the pool building. Why I didn't wear shoes to the pool, I don't know. All the girls would get to the pool by going through the girls locker room. It was dark and the floor was brown. There were comunity showers.
I think that there were two seperate doors, one for the main pool and one for the kiddy pool. I was really little, so I would be sent to the kiddy pool. It was never any fun without my friend Jamie. I would just sit in one foot of water and watch through the fence my brothers and sisters having lots of fun.
When I got older I remember I was able to go to the big kid pool. There was a pool slide that all the kids were going down and having fun doing it. I got into my head that I wanted to go down too. But when I got to the top, I didn't really want to, but the kid behind me pushed me. I wasn't ready and I think I swallowed water or got really scared or something. But I remember sitting on the side of the pool crying and a lifeguard came and got me and brought me inside and sat me on the freezer (they sold icecream at the pool) and gave me free icecream to calm me down.
I was sitting there crying and then I remember that Marie was there. She comforted me, called my Mom and got her to come and get me. I just remember sitting there on the freezer and Marie was so nice to me. I don't remember many times that Marie was really nice to me as a kid, mostly she was annoyed with me, but I remember that she sat with me until my Mom came. It was nice.
That's all I remember about the pool. Although I hear that there is an infamous story of how Marie got stuck on the high dive. I hear that is a good one.

3 comments:

Marie said...

What!? I was nice to you! Sure, I made you do my work, but when you did, I was nice to you.
I remember this situation too. I was jealous that you got free food and I'm sure I ate some of it.
I do not recall this diving board incident that you speak of. It never happened!

Justin said...

Nice work! Even when terrified from scary pool and cruel children, you can still get free food! And Ice Cream even!! Very impressive. You win!!! That's my girl!...or somebody's at least....someone claims you. Hooray!!

And who the crap is that Park Ranger? eddmiller5640? I think it's time to kill again...which reminds me, check out the new "Park Ranger Killing" section of my website:

www.killeverythingneartobyandthenkilltoby.com

Help me finish this problem once and for all! END BLOG SPAMMING NOW!! SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PARK-RANGER-KILLER!!

Sarah said...

I already told Becky about this, but I remember the pool too, and yes Marie, I really do remember it no matter what you think. I remember the kiddie pool where i always went was really really shallow, so I would just stick my arms underneath me like I was doing a push up, and let my legs float behind me, I don't know why, but I thought it was such an anomally that my two arms could support my entire body in that water. I also remember from later other pool experiences that I used to give Marie piggy backs in the pool and I thought that was the coolest thing because in comparison to me she was rather large at the time. I think when I was little I found water to be a very amazing thing. Good times...and Justin, you're strange but I support your killing of park rangers.