Saturday, December 03, 2005

It is now 11:40pm

It is almost midnight and I sit here in the BYU library, just 20 minutes before closing and I ask myself, "Why?" and then I remember that I have two papers to write in one day and I decided to sleep in and go to the library late, but then I decided to go shopping and go to the library really late. And here I sit with no papers written because the library closes later than I anticipated, and no way to print off my research because I have no cash to pay for the prints.
So now I get to go home and write a half researched paper on Gertrude in Hamlet and her dramatic role in the drama. Procrastination is a full time job.
I had every intention to start these papers two weeks ago, but every time I went to do it, an overwhelming not wanting to came over me. I don't know what that is all about but I'm paying for it now. Oh I'll get my papers written, on time and everything. But I have a feeling that I am not going to like the process. And these aren't even my last papers of the semester, oh no. I have two more after this. I hate school and more specifically BYU.
7 more months to graduation. I tell myself that all the time and someday I may actually believe myself, but if I don't well then whatever.
Well the library just gave me my 15 minute warning and then they have begun to play this really scary music that makes you want to run and hide. And it is really loud. So I think it is time to go. I hope that your weekends were just as productive as mine.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, this weekend was my brithday, so I tried to be the least amount of productive as humanly possible, and still ended up going to a debate tournament and doing a 9 hour project. Today I must finish another supposedly difficult project, but I finished most of it in class. So right now I'm feeling pretty good about things, esepecially since a I'm going to a hockey game and a swim meet this week, woot! Sorry bout the BYU bummerishness Bec.

Unknown said...

Where can one get a wav file of this scary music?

Becky said...

I don't know where they got the scary music, but it is like classical scary music, so you know they mean business and want you out of the library. That would be cool to have a wave file of it though.

Unknown said...

Too bad about you not knowing where to get it.*sigh* I wanted to torture all the people on my afternoon shift!