Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Holiday Update

Christmas vacation was awesome! Matt and I went to Washington (with DJ) to see his parents. We pretty much sat around the whole time and played lots of games. It was a perfect Christmas. The best part was that when I put Matt in charge of packing the toiletries, he packed not only our stuff, but Sarah's. Sarah had stayed at our house the night before we were to leave for Washington and Matt packed her stuff with ours. We did not realize the mistake until we got a frantic/angry call from Sarah while we were at the airport that morning. I blame Matt entirely for this mistake. It just goes to show that I should have packed the bag myself. I thought that I was safe because I set out everything that was to be packed on the counter, but Sarah foolishly placed her bag of stuff right by the stuff to be packed. Good times.

After Christmas, Matt and I hit Walmart for those stellar "after Christmas" sales. We got a Christmas tree complete with decorations, skirt, lights, and garland for about $100. It was all 50% off. So, next year we will be decorating for Christmas. I am very excited. It will be my first Christmas with my very own tree and stuff. Apart from that construction paper tree that Annah and I had or the Harry Potter shrine of Lisa and Rachel's.

On New Year's Eve, we had a party at Kelli's parent's house. Matt and I were throwing the party, but we held it at Kelli's because of the superior entertainment oportunities. Matt and I's house is not yet decked out to be a party house. I've not yet even had a party at our house. I guess that will have to be what my Birthday is for. The New Year's Eve party went great! We had a good turn out with probably 20 people. There was Guitar Hero, the Wii, Pit, Air Hockey, Darts, Michael Jackson music videos, and lots of food. I think it was one of my best parties yet, and it didn't even have a theme! I guess themes aren't everything.

Hopefully, January will be slow for me. I think that I've had enough fun and entertainment for a while. I can now start to plot... or plan my Birthday party. All the cool people will be invited.

11 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

So, I guess Erin won't be invited, huh? Just kidding.

The toiletries story is really funny!

I'm glad you had a good first Christmas away from home! That always makes it easier.

Goddess said...

Have a Very Harry Christmas.

Sarah said...

Toiletries story=NOT FUNNY! I had to live without all my goodness of stuffs for a VERY long time. Matt still owes me his soul for this grave error in judgment. Oh and yay for you blogging! I'm cool...right?

Mc said...

So, you're pretty much saying it was the best New Year's Eve ever because -I- wasn't at the party.

Yeah, thanks alot, jerk! You're disinvited to the wedding!

Becky said...

You can't disinvite me! I'm bringing Johnny and Sarah in my car. You would have to disinvite them as well. I can't help if you are just too busy to come to my best parties.

Mc said...

Any sibling younger than me is disinvited thanks to Becky. :P

Becky said...

Harsh! It is like you Sarah is not your favorite sibling! Hey, if there is an opening for favorite sibling, I want to send in an applications.

Marie said...

Too late...I already hold the title as favorite as is evident by the fact that I'm still invited to the wedding. And if he tried to uninvite me, there would be no one to do Lisa's hair and makeup.

Sarah said...

I'm still fav...everyone knows this.

Mc said...

Marie has a VERY valid point. She's still invited!

Oh, and just for the record, Sarah and John won't be getting an official invitation...mostly because Mom didn't send me their address', but also because I decided to keep an invitation for myself. :P

Becky said...

Whoa! How long has Marie been the favorite? Marie doesn't even read! I don't think she can be the favorite. I'd rather have Sarah as the favorite, then I'm not missing out by much. Sarah already reads.