Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Ego is Prego

So, many of you have noticed my baby tracker. I am indeed pregnant. And, it is pretty much the worst feeling ever. I've been really sick for the last six weeks and pregnancy is not fun. I don't know who spread around that pregnancy is a cool thing, but thus far it is not. The books say that it should only last through the first trimester, so hopefully, I will start feeling better in three weeks.

Mostly, all food is gross to me, especially meat. So, I have just been trying to eat whatever sounds good to me, but food often is only good once, and then I don't want it any more. But, Matt is wonderful about taking care of me. One day, I thought I wanted grilled cheese, and Matt made it for me. Then, when I smelled the sandwich, I no longer wanted it. So, he made me french fries instead. He is a wonderful husband!

Life is kinda chaos right now and it seems to be all about me and being sick and pregnant, but I'm hoping that things will get better soon. Sarah has been a great help in cleaning up my house and running errands for me. I love having a little sister living with me. Except that she just moved and went back to school. Stupid college; I miss her.

Matt and I are very excited for the baby. Norm did our first ultra sound three weeks ago and we are going to have another one soon. I'm still trying to find a doctor because the one I planned on using doesn't deliver at the hospital my insurance covers, but we still have time.

This is all a new adventure for Matt and I and we are excited. The baby is due on March 30th, so we've got some time to prepare.

9 comments:

Jasmine said...

Popsicles and Gatorade were my life-savers during the first trimester. I couldn't keep anything down, but those at least kept me hydrated. That's really the most important thing. I couldn't stand the sight/smell/taste of chicken for the longest time either. Supposedly ginger will help with the nausea (either in ginger snaps or in candied ginger or something), but I didn't really like it. And for some reason, the only thing I could eat for breakfast was a croissant and a small glass of apple juice - milk made everything worse, and fruit was just too acidic for my sensitive stomach. So try some of those, hopefully it helps. :)

Anonymous said...

just bopping by to extend sympathies. My PGs were horrible. hospitals, IV the first 14-16 weeks.... but then it really did get better. My doc with my first two told me there was a link with the naseau with the mother and the health of the babies. All three of my babies were big and healthy with APGARS at 9. so good luck and if you really need some relief, they can give you shots of B6 and B12. I was on those w/ my first pg, they relieved me long enough to work and then crash for 10 hours a night.

you can actually do some of that over the counter. B6 and B12 in small amounts with just a tad of benedryl.

sorry, you don't even have to post this, just read your blog ( from a friends' list of blogs) and feel your pain. visit my blog if you'd like and I'll keep thinking of the things that helped me cut the sickness in half though. but like jasmine said, if you can keep gatorade down, stay hydrated, it will be okay. they will monitor if you are losing too much weight.

good luck!

Becky said...

Thanks Jasmine, the gatorade actually helps with the nausea. I am doing ginger ale too, and that helps a little.
I think breakfast is the worst because I wake up nauseated and nothing sounds good. Surprisingly, it is toaster strudel almost every morning for me.
I try to avoid all things that give me heartburn though because it really really hurts.

Marie said...

Your baby has fingernails.

Sarah said...

I miss you too Babes! Call me whenevs and I'm there. Give Matt my hate for me :)

Mom said...

Congratulations! Does Kelli know? I won't tell her if you want to be the first. She hasn't mentioned it - we miss seeing you! Love Mom

Becky said...

Kelli knows. She was one of the first people I told and she has been keeping my secret for me. I miss you too Mom!

Mc said...

I knew before Becky knew!! That makes me the FIRST to know.

You may ask how I knew? Because I knew she was too sickly this time around and I told her that she was pregnant. Maybe next time she will listen to her wise brother Mike who is moving to Minnesota.

Becky said...

I'm pretty sure that I knew first. Even before you my Minnesota bound brother.