Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dr. Horrible is Amazing

After much persuasion from my friends and coworkers, I finally watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog and it was awesome. What is Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog you ask? Well, it is a video web cast blog of the super villian Dr. Horrible. He talks/sings to his blog viewers about the ups and downs of his super villian ways.

This wonderful medley of song and comedy comes from the mind of Joss Whedon. He wrote the script for this three act web based show during the writer's strike and then got all his friends he has in the business to help him put it to action. I think that it was just another way of showing the networks that money can be made off of webisodes (which is what the writers wanted money for during the strike).

Anyway, you can view it for free at drhorrible.com, or hulu.com, or, you can purchase it on iTunes. It is hilarious and epic and sad. I laughed, I cried, it was better than cats. Soon, it will be out on DVD with tons of dvd extras, including a musical commentary.

Oh Joss, what would I do without you?

8 comments:

Jasmine said...

I knew it!!!! (nothing to do with Dr. Horrible, by the way - I'm referring to your baby tracker!) Congrats, Becky! I'm sorry you've been sick - I was really sick from about 6 weeks till 13-15 weeks, and it sucked. But you'll forget all about it as soon as you get into your second trimester. I hardly remember what it felt like. Best of luck, and let me know if you need anything or have any questions. :)

Adrianne Miller said...

YOU ARE PREG!!!!!!!!!!So exciting!

Becky said...

Here's hopin' that the sickness subsides soon. But, more importantly, Dr. Horrible!

Jasmine said...

Yes, yes...we realize the importance of Dr. Horrible hear, but (seriously) BABY!!!! (I think that's slightly bigger and better news.) :)

Jasmine said...

(I totally spelled here wrong! How embarrassing! You can tell I haven't had a lot of sleep.)

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

Yeah!!! You're going to have a baby! That's exciting! I hope you get feeling better.

Deanne said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you guys. I will have to check out Dr. Horrible.

AnneMarie said...

Oh, so exciting! Congratulations! I am sorry that you're so sick and from experience I know it is the worst. Can we do anything? Come clean, make dinner? With Ross any kind of nut made me feel slightly better (must have been the protein), with Beck it was Skittles or gummy candy (I have no idea why). Also squeezing lemon into your drinks might help a bit. The one thing that was the same in all my pregnancies was that whatever I found that helped would only do so for a limited time, so I tried to pay close attention to what I was craving and try it even if it seemed weird.