Sunday, September 07, 2008

11 Weeks

I'm 11 weeks along now and it is not that much different from 10 weeks. I'm feeling a little less nausea, but week 11 comes with all new fun unpleasantries including headaches, dizziness, lots of discomfort, back pain, and forgetfulness.

Matt and I went shopping this weekend and I pulled out my debit card to pay, but I could not remember my pin number when it came time to punch it in. It was very embarrasing! I use that number every time I pay for something, but I just could not remember it. I had a bad memory pre-pregnancy, but I fear how much worse it will get now that the baby is eating my brain.

Babies are a lot like parasites because they suck everything away from their mother, only in a non-symbiotic way. I just don't see how we are both benefiting from this relationship yet. I'm doing all the giving of my energy and my nutrients and my body and I'm getting bubkis back. Maybe this is just in preperation for motherhood. Because mothers give all their time and their attention to the caring and raising of the children and they really don't get much back. It makes me appreciate my mother more than I did before.

Apparently, parenthood is very gratifying, but that might just be a rumour that women are spreading around to make pregnancy seem all worth it. We will just have to wait and see.

I'm still waiting for the "cool" part of pregnancy to happen. I'm starting to think that that there is no cool part, that it is just another one of those myths that are floating around.

7 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

You crack me up! I'm sorry that you're getting headaches, feeling dizzy, and experiencing the all-too-common forgetfulness now. Only 29 weeks left! You can do it!

Angela said...

I forgot my pin number once too. Tried it like 3 times and the bank locked my card and I had to call to get it unlocked (and never did remember the number.) So embarassing.

Motherhood is very rewarding, but I'm not sure it really gets easier. I think it gets better though.

Marie said...

The baby is eating your brain, hahahaha!

Your baby unpleasantness is not making me want one of my own. Too much work and sickness and I don't want to lose my mind. I'll just play with your baby and not have one of my own.

Rebecca Susan said...

Oh, and unfortunately, while the nausea and backaches will go away after the baby comes, the forgetfulness will not. After having children, you will spend half your time convinced you used to be smarter. Sometimes there's a cool part, but sometimes there's not. In the words of my oh-so-wise sister, "Pregnancy sucks". Parenting is good, though. Also exhausting and sometimes quite unpleasant, but SO much better than being pregnant. Congratulations!! Hope things start looking up the next few weeks.

Sarah said...

Sometimes Babies make you forget how crappy having babies inside of you is...they're magical like that. So, just remember that you'll forget and your memory of this time will be filled with blissful, foggy, forgetfulness :)

Becky said...

The forgetting how unpleasant and painful it is to carry and birth babies must be an evil plot of the babies. The babies are trying to increase their numbers and take over the world, so they created the post baby forgetfulness. I can't believe we didn't see it before!

Jasmine said...

You'll forget all about the morning sickness once you get a way into your second trimester, and you'll forget most of the pain within the first week or two of baby being born - I promise. It's DEFINITELY worth it - no myth. :)