Monday, September 22, 2008

13 Weeks

I'm at 13 weeks now. I'm officially out of the first trimester. Yay! I can tell already that things are different because I'm a lot more happy now and a lot less miserable. I still get nauseated at night, but it is manageable. I'm still very tired. If I could lay in bed and sleep most of the day away, that would be awesome. Alas that I have to work and stuff. I'm also very uncomfortable a not small amount of the time. All my weight seems to be moving to my belly and it makes the positions that I usually like to be in very uncomfortable. I can no longer lay on my back in bed because it puts pressure on all my insides. It is just another thing that I need to adjust to I guess.

Sometime last week, I tried to put on my pants (my big pants) and they would no longer button. It was very frustrating because they fit fine the day before. So, I gave in and decided that it was time to go shopping for maternity clothes so that I would have clothes that fit and clothes that are comfortable. So, Erin, Jenni and I took a lunch break and went shopping to search for some maternity clothes. I have to say, the places that I have been have slim pickings on cute maternity clothes. I was able to find a pair of work pants and a couple of shirts, so I guess our outing was successful. I've found that even though maternity clothes are very odd looking with the elastic tops on the pants, they are so very much more comfortable than having a button at the top of my pants. Normal pants put so much pressure on my belly when I sat down. Such is not the case with maternity pants. So, I'm glad that I have switched over. I know that I will have many more clothes to buy as I continue to expand, but this will do me fine for now.

8 comments:

Marie said...

Ha ha, you have to have elastic waist pants! That's what you get for getting knocked up!

Becky said...

So's your face!

Rebecca Susan said...

Hooray for getting through the first trimester! I think that's the worst part. The third trimester is big and uncomfortable, but I think I prefer that to all the throwing up and the knock-you-on-your-butt fatigue. You're probably through the worst part now. Good luck with trimesters 2 & 3.

Sarah said...

Ho ho ho! These are maternity pants, look, they even came with a list of baby names. See, these are the bad names and these are the good ones.
These are my Thanksgiving pants!

Marie said...

Friends.

Jasmine said...

Quick advice on the maternity pants: get the kind that have the elastic that will go all the way up to your ribs! The ones with the smaller elastic bands seem comfortable for when you're first starting to get bigger, but when you get into the last part of your second trimester, they'll be harder to keep up which causes them to sag and make your butt look "dumpy". And continue to wear them in the post-preggy weeks, too, until you shrink back down. They're TRES comfortable!

Deanne said...

I'm sure you'll pull off the elastic waist pants beautifully (as in they will look good on you, not that you will literally pull them off--a tricky saying when we're speaking of elastic) I hope the nausea disappears completely very soon.

Becky said...

Thanks for the advice Jasmine. I've bought one of each kind and the elastic that goes up to my ribs is more comfy anyway. The pants with the small elastic puts pressure right on my bladder and it is highly uncomfortable.