Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's a Baby, Not a Blobby




Matt, Marie, and I went to the AF Hospital yesterday to have Norm do the 12 week ultrasound. It was pretty cool. The baby actually looked like a baby, not just a fuzzy blobby like it did last time we did the ultrasound.

The baby was all wiggly and movin' around and that totally tripped me out because it is like a thing living inside me. It was very surreal, but cool at the same time. Ree and Matt were very excited about it too. I think it is a little more weird for me because it was all happening inside of me and it was difficult to connect the picture on the screen with the cause for all this sickness I have been feeling.

In the pick that says Mouth, we were able to see the baby opening and closing its mouth, it even sucked its thumb for a bit. In the Profile pic, you can see the little hand up by the baby's face and you can see the foot on the left of the pic. This last pic is really the best profile I think because you can see a nose shape.

The baby seemed to be doing well, we saw the heartbeat and it was moving around, so those are good signs. The baby is measuring a little big. It is about 4 days ahead of the size that it should be. Norm attributed this to how tall Matt and I are. Matt decided that "he" is going to be a basketball player.

It was a fun experience. I'm glad I got connections like a brother who is an ultrasound tech.

8 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

Wait wait wait wait wait. Are you having a boy??? Can you know this early? How exciting. I'm really looking forward to hearing the heartbeat. I need this to feel more real!

Becky said...

It is too soon to tell what it is, but Matt wants a boy and has taken to calling it "he." He tells me that he does it because we must think positively that it IS a boy. I'm sticking to calling it "it."

Adrianne Miller said...

hahaha so funny. We "think" ours is a boy too. Which is really bad because we can't agree on any boy names. I will wish my boy thoughts on to you.

AnneMarie said...

How cool for you! I love the first portraits of this little one:)

Marie said...

I feel so special that I was the only one that got to go! That's the privilege of being the older sister.

I tried talking to the baby while we were doing the ultrasound, but Becky informed me that the baby doesn't have ears yet.

Jenni Elyse said...

Skelly looks great! He/she is very cute for being a fetus. :)

Deanne said...

How exciting! I can't believe you got to see "him" sucking his thumb. It is such a miracle to see how they grow and develop. We're so happy for you.

Sarah said...

Um...sorry but I think it's a girl...though a boy would be fun, I think it's a girl. It is weird that there's a person inside you! It's little, and alive. Do you think it thinks? She's going to be a writer, like her aunty Sarah :D