Monday, September 29, 2008

Our Park City Adventure

Matt's parents came into town this weekend and are staying in Park City. So, Matt and I decided that we would go up to my parent's cabin in Park City so that we could be closer to Mom and Dad Kimball while they were here. But, when I called Bill to find out if we could use the cabin, I found out that Norm and Jake were planning on going up to the cabin this weekend too. Then, Norm decided that it should be a big party and he called all the siblings and invited them all up to the cabin.

Marie Antionette and Me and Matt went up on Friday night. We were the only ones up there on Friday. I was a little concerned about going up to the cabin because I get car sickness, altitude sickness, and I'm pregnant. But, we really wanted to go, so we just went. We snagged Anthon on our way up and drove up to Kimball Junction and Marie met us there. We went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner and it was really yummy. I've been craving all sorts of beef lately, so I like to eat it whenever I can. Then, we headed up the mountain to the cabin. The roads are really windie and unpaved, so it was a very bumpy ride. I got altitude sickness about half way up and lost all that dinner that I had just eaten. Sometimes it is unfun to be me. We kept going and made it up to the cabin.

I wasn't feeling very well still, so I claimed the master bedroom and took a bath in the ginormous tub. I kinda wish that I had a huge tub at home because it just took all the pressure off my back that pregnancy is putting there. It made me want to steal Marie and Anthon's house because they have a big tub in their huge bathroom. But, the cabin runs off well water, so the water was really gross looking. It was all yellow/brownish. And, we had all forgotten to bring bottled water, so we were very thirsty up there. None of us wanted to actually drink the well water.

I felt a little better after my bath, so I went downstairs to the theater room where Ree, Anthon, and Matt were playing video games on Anthon's new XBox. He got the box all modded so that it has old school games stored inside. We played Shrek, which was a fun game until we got stuck and didn't know what to do. Then, we played Halo, which Matt and I liked, but Marie and Anthon did not because they are not very good at the game. So, we ended up playing this ATV game which Marie rocked at and then she liked playing. I really sucked at that game. I went to bed around midnight, which is the latest that I have stayed up in a very long time because I am usually asleep by 9:30pm every night because I am all exhausted from growing a human being from scratch.

Saturday, Marie and Anthon left early to go to a baptism, but they left their XBox. Then, Norm, Rand and the kids showed up around 10:30am. I love those kids! They are so cute and so smart and fun. Ben is a wild one and kinda hard for me to handle because I lack patience while I am pregnant, but he is still cute and I love him. It was good to just spend time with Norm and Rand. We mostly just ate and played the Wii and hung around. I sent Matt into town to get some drinkable water and some Lil' Smokies, which I was craving. He is such a wonderful husband!

Jake and Jill, Johnny and Krista, and Mom and Bill showed up around 5pm. Despite the fact that the house is 13,000 square feet, it was feeling a little crowded. I love my siblings and my nieces and nephews, but I have a hard time right now with big crowds and loud children. I secluded myself in the Master Bedroom and took a nap or talked with Jill while she fed the baby. Side note: Kiera is so cute! All of Jake and Jill's babies have been cute, but Kiera really is the cutest one. If I could just keep her and skip this whole pregnancy thing, that would be great. Alas, that Jake and Jill are all attached to her.

It was good to have almost everyone together though. I haven't seen Johnny and Krista in a while because they are all newly married and in school and stuff. I wasn't feeling very well, so I just played the Wii with the adults for a little while and then I headed off to bed. Matt stayed up and played games until well into the morning.

Norm and Rand left early on Sunday, then we took off to go and see Matt's parents and we left Johnny and Krista at the cabin to lock things up. Mom and Dad Kimball were a lot later than we expected, so we didn't even get to see them that much in our little weekend away, but it was still fun to get out of the house finally and be almost a normal person.

4 comments:

Marie said...

It twas a good weekend at the cabin. Too bad I'm the only righteous one because I went to women's conference. But then again too bad I missed out on all the fun on Saturday.

P.S. We want our Xbox back!

Becky said...

Maybe we will let you guys come over to our house to play the XBox with us. Only if you are really lucky though. We played old Genesis games last night and it was awesome. Go Toejam and Earl!

Adrianne Miller said...

You are sure having a hard pregnancy time. I do not envy you. I only sometimes have morning sickness but I sure have the tiredness. I want my bed at 7pm every night but make myself stay up till 8:30 cause I feel so lame. I've had a bad cold the past two weeks and being sick during pregnancy is dumb.

Jasmine said...

If you think you're tired now, wait till you have no bladder in your last trimester and thus have to get up to pee 4 or 5 times a night. Oh, and getting up to feed baby two or three times a night is fun, too, especially when baby decides it's time to play instead of sleep at 2:00 AM. ;)

Don't worry--it's not that bad (you'll get used to it), but it sure makes you tired.