Friday, October 03, 2008

If Your Sleepy and You Know It

Matt and I went over to Anthon and Marie's last night for food and XBox fun. We haven't really gotten out of the house much in the first three months of my pregnancy, so now we are attempting to make plans and get out a little more. So, we decided to go to Ree's because they recently modded their XBox and it is awesome.

The trouble with going out in the evenings is that I'm tired because I work and grow a baby all day, so I'm exhausted by the time I get home and all I want to do is sleep. Additionally, we went over at like 6:30pm, which is right when I like to eat dinner and my body was mad at me when I didn't eat when it was used to. So, Marie made me some awesome Three Cheese Mac and Cheese right when we got there to tide me over until the burgers and dogs were done cooking. One point Marie.

We ate, and it was awesome because it made me feel better, then we set ourselves down in front of the XBox. We played some lame games like a snowboarding trick game, which none of us were really good at, and an ATV game, which Marie won every time. But, then we played Shrek, which turns out to be a pretty awesome game. I've gotten so caught up in the more "adult" video games like Final Fantasy and Car Racing, that I forgot how fun the themed and "kid-like" games could be.

We played Shrek for a long time and I was starting to get tired, so I asked Marie the time and she tried to lie to me and tell me that it was earlier than it was, but it was really like past 10pm. I should not stay up that late on a work night. I am just exhausted at work today. I'm almost non-functioning. But, we had a good time and I was glad that we got out of the house for a night.

7 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

8:30 pm is my bed time these days. It's really sad. Are you showing? When did you start showing? I know its insane, but I am showing. I have a massive bump down there. It's kinda scary! I don't know how its possible to be showing at 9 weeks, but I way am!

Jasmine said...

I learned to start carrying snacks with me everywhere we went (including church!) because if I felt like I needed to eat and didn't eat right then I would get sick quick. I recommend goldfish or ritz crackers. Granola bars work great, too.

And I want to see bump pictures when you have one! :)

Sarah said...

Ha, good of the Meemers to lie to you like that. You played Shrek?! I was joking to Antonio about playing that the other day, and then he goes and does it. I'm sad I missed, lame work.

Becky said...

Snacks are a good idea. I just need to carry some snacks around. I am showing and I will post a belly pic in my next post.
At first, my belly was just all bloated, but now it is definite baby belly.

Marie said...

Shrek was a fun game. We need to get together again and beat it.

It was only 9:15pm when I lied and told you it was 8:30pm.

Becky said...

It doesn't make you less of a liar.

Adrianne Miller said...

Mine is just a big sticking out belly. Like bloated looking. I hope it goes back down. I just look fat and not pregnant.