Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Happy Birthday Matt!

Tomorrow is Matt's Birthday and he is turning 30. A fact which he likes to keep hidden and I like to tell to everyone. So, Matt will be 30 years old when his first child is born and I will be 25, we still seem very young to me. But, compared to Norm, who has four kids at the age of thirty, we are very behind.

Matt's parent's were here this weekend, so we had a little celebration for him while they were here. Matt doesn't really like Birthdays or parties or anything like that, so we called the celebration a "Birthday Gathering." It was just all the Kimball's and Baby who were there to celebrate Matt and his growing age.


Matt told me that he wanted a lemonade Oreo ice cream cake for his gathering. When I heard about this "cake" I thought that he had made it up because it sounded really weird. But, Matt insisted that it was a real thing. So, I researched with some local ice cream places that make ice cream cakes, but it seemed that this cake still did not exist. So, I called Momma Kimball, and sure enough, she was the one who had made this cake for Matt. So, Momma Kimball helped me make him his lemonade Oreo ice cream cake. The cake wasn't really something that I would pick to eat because it was both sour and sweet, but Matt loved it.


So, we sang and ate cake and Matt opened his presents and that was about it. I got Matt a painting of Mt. Timpanogos for his Birthday. Every time we go to Towne Centre, Matt likes to look in this painting shop, so I went to that painting shop and bought him a picture for his Birthday. He keeps saying that we need more art in the house and less pictures of us, so this will start us on our way.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Happy birthday Matt...you're OLD!!! Way older than me! Sarah told me about that cake last night and I thought it sounded really weird...but maybe you should bring me some of it so I can be sure.

Jasmine said...

Happy birthday to Matt! :)

Sarah said...

Ha, Matt's an old face! Yeah...the cake was weird, sometimes I would think it was good, and then others not. It was way too much of an emotional rollercoaster....for a cake.