Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's a Kitten!


So, my wonderful brother Norm did my 16 week ultrasound yesterday. Mom, Marie, and Sarah were present for this ultrasound. Everyone wanted to be there when the sex of the baby was determined. Mom and Marie were early, like all good people should be and Sarah was a little late, so she wasn't initially present when we discovered the gender of the baby. But, I think she was still happy that she got to see the baby.


The first thing that I noticed when we saw the baby on the screen was that it was a lot bigger than the last time we saw it. The baby didn't have nearly as much room in there as it did before. A month ago, the baby was moving and flipping around inside of me, but this time, it hardly moved at all because it was all squished in there. It was weird how much it had grown. Norm measured it and the baby is still bigger than it should be. It is a week and a half bigger than it should be. Stupid Derington/Kimball genes.


So, the baby was being all shy at first and had it's back to us, but eventually it turned around and Norm was able to get a good shot of the bum and it's a girl! Matt and I are very happy. I'm excited because now I get to buy a bunch of girl stuff. Plus, girl babies are usually a lot cuter than boy babies and I really want my baby to be cute.


This ultrasound was a lot of fun because the baby was bigger and easy to see her features. Mom immediately started talking baby talk to the ultrasound machine and we were forced to make fun of her. Marie was freakin' out the whole time with a high squeaky voice, which only got squeakerier when the baby moved. I think that Matt and I were the most calm during the whole thing. We were just happy that she is healthy and growing strong.

After we were done, Marie had a surprise for us. She gave us a baby book for a girl. It is really cute and it has places where I can write about the pregnancy and put pictures of the baby and stuff. It is really cool.

So, congrats to all the winners who guessed right. Make sure to laugh at all the losers and make them feel bad about themselves.

12 comments:

Marie said...

My voice is not squeaky.

AnneMarie said...

Congratulations!

Adrianne Miller said...

Girls are all the rage right now. EVERYONE who I know is pregnant is having one. I went against my better judgment and guessed boy because you told me to think positive.

Sarah said...

Marie...your voice was super squeaky. Yay for me being right! AND, I was two, count them TWO minutes late, that is not late.

TheMattFace said...

Sarah... To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.

Becky said...

Thus sayeth Mr. Fulmer.

TheMattFace said...

Oh yeah. I remember that guy.

Jenni Elyse said...

Congratulations, Becky and Matt! It's all very exciting! I can't wait until she's born, so I can see how cute she is.

Jasmine said...

While I was wrong on my guess, I'm still sooooooo excited for you! Girls are definitely more fun to buy for. :) Congratulations!

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

That's exciting! Girls are a lot more fun to buy for.

Darin's Cool said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you. And in the event that you have a boy sometime in the future, I'm sure that he will be cute, too.

Angela said...

Congrats! Girls are great and definitely easier than boys (in the beginning anyway.)