Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I'm an Aunt... Again

This weekend, on the day of the full moon, my brother Jake and his wife Jill had their third child. Ethan Michael Leeman Derington, a little boy of 7lbs 14oz. He is as cute as button. That is, if buttons could be cute, but they are really just hunks of plastic or metal that keep your pants on. But, I appreciate those plastic hunks because I enjoy having my pants on.

So, this is for you Buttons! *gives a thumbs up* Thanks for all the work that you do!

5 comments:

Justin said...

Buttons are needed by every group of people on the planet, except for two: Nudists, and Ninjas. Nudists because, hey, what are you going to button (don't think about that anymore, let's move on) and Ninjas because all their pants and clothes are held on by the sheer forces of physics whirling around their being because they are so in touch with the universal fabric. And also, their pants have elastic bands, or tie-string thingies.

Oh, and congrats to you Becky for being an Aunt again. I suppose I'm a sort-of-Uncle again, though I have no biological relation to any of those kids that call me Uncle Justin. Sure are cute though, with the cuteness of many buttons.

Goddess said...

Awwwww! I really love that they named him Ethan. Give him a kiss from me as his payment for being cute.

Goddess said...

p.s. I'll be home this Tuesday.

Becky said...

My Lisa! I miss you! Come back to me!

Marie said...

Hey! Becky, you came up with a good nickname for Ethan! From now on, he will be known as Button.

Jill will love it!