Thursday, June 29, 2006

Superman is God... Or something less Blasphemous

Saw Superman and I loved it, loved it, loved it. The action was awesome, the plot line kicked the trash of the first Superman's plotline and then it grinds it into the ground with a red boot and then it launches it into space.
Not only is Superman very good looking, but he is charming and nerdy and inspirational and good valuey and all that good stuff. I thought that Branden Routh (correct?) played him wonderfully and I'm fully hoping for a sequel so that I can get more oggle time.
Kate Boswell did a really good job playing Lois Lane, better than I ever expected her to and they made her character into a real person, not just a ditzy reporting with a crush on Superman.
Kevin Spacey was very good as well. I actually liked Lex Luthor though he was so obviously evil! Though I thought his motivation was not portrayed well.
I shall say no more because I don't want to be spoilerific, but if you want to be spoileresque, comment! But, if you haven't seen it, don't read the comments until after you have!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Don't spoil it for me, I hate spoiling...especially when food is involved... You spoil my food I'll kill you!

Becky said...

You crack me up Baby. I think I'll keep you.

Drew said...

Holy Phillipian Cow!!! I saw Superman this past weekend and it was just freakin awesome. Superman is my idol, but then again anyone who can lift small continents made of Krypotonite and have the foxy Lois Lane fall for them would be my idol anyway. It was so sweet, defenitaly a keeper to go in my collection. One Beef, slow pacing. The beginning kind of was slow for me, but it wasn't long before it was shot Up Up and away!!!

Sarah said...

Yay! I get to be kept! And yeah it was wicked awesome, but I'm still distraught over the lack of Lois and Superman gettin' all togethersies. It's blasphemous in the eyes of Sarah!

Goddess said...

Eh. I mean, it was okay. Love James Marsden. Don't want her to dump him. Brandon Routh looks so much like Superman--way more than Tom Welling ever will. And if you look past Lois Lane getting her neck broken no less than 9 times and emerging without so much as a bruise it was even fairly plausible (for a comic book). Oh, and the kid was funny. To me it just seemed more like they were trying to generate interest for another Superman movie than to actually make this one stand on it's own booted feet.

Justin said...

He wears his underpants on the outside.