Saturday, June 24, 2006

Too Long Clanky, too long!

It has been way too long since I have posted on my blog. I know that all my adoring blog fans feel very deprived and for that I apologize. If you haven't noticed my lack of posting, you obviously don't look at my blog enough and to you I unapologize.

I went on the Heber Creeper today. It is a very long, very slow, very hot train ride with bugs. I went with my family and neices and nephews and they loved it, so I can onlly conclude that 'Silly Rabbit, train rides are for kids!' Me and Baby mostly sat and read Ender's Game. I forgot my book (still kicking myself), so I had to read Sarah's book over her shoulder. Usually Baby brings two books, but today she did not, "Darn you Baby!" But, it made me realize how much I love Ender's Game. I read it last year, but I feel like it is that time again, I will have to read it all over again.

Side note: I got to meet Antonio's children today and they are just so cute! They are all very blonde, which surprised me because Antwan's hair is darker like almost brown, but they are very cute and very sweet. I liked that Avery's favorite word was 'No.' That just made her all the cuter.

Back on topic: Trains used to be modes of transportation, but here in the states, the train is out dated and are now used as a leisurely ride of entertainment and I can see why. Trains are slow! Thank goodness for the invention of cars. I could even ride a bike and go faster than the train did today. I think that trains should be reserved for cowboys and Harry Potter.

That is all, there is nothing more.

Becky

8 comments:

Drew said...

Deprived I am! DEPRIVED, but now i have had my becky blog fix and can move on with my life....

Justin said...

I'd like to say something in defense of real trains everywhere, and that is...THE HEBER CREEPER SUCKS!

That is all.

Well, not quite. REAL trains actually go very fast (in fact Mike and I rode one in France last month that was moving over 200 mph). If you go to either coast of the united states where people actually LIVE instead of crummy quasi-rural Utah then you will also find good fast trains, and then there are transcontinental trains that still run from the Pacific to the Atlantic.

Also, basing all your opinions of trains on the Heber Creeper--which is crappy and slow for at least 2 reasons (1, it's from HEBER and everything there sucks, and 2, it's called the CREEPER which means it goes slow)--is similar to judging all airplanes based on the experience you had jumping off a trampoline holding out your jacket like it was a parachute. Wait no, that's too exhilirating.

In five years when we go on our next trip to Europe, you will see real trains and how they are a very good and effective mode of transportation when they are not constructed or designed by late 18th-century Utards.

Becky said...

Hmmm... You make a point Justin. I'm not sure whether that point is a good one or a bad one, but a point it is all the same... I hate trains.

Sarah said...

Um...I hate boats, I'm against boats for three main reasons. Reason numero uno, they are using up our precious alloy resources! Reason number 2, planes are prettier, bigger, faster, and you get to see the top side of clouds! And my final and most poignant point would have to be the fact that we could very easilly fish off a coast OR from the comfort of a hovering helicoptor. I think I've made my point.

Justin said...

Helicopters juggle geese.

Also, I have a completely unrelated question. Becky, you've told me that the "Angel" theme song is done by the cello-chick group Rasputina, but I noticed tonight on the credits that it is intead done by a different goth-chick group, Darling Violetta. Incidentally, I already knew this group because their song "Smaller God" is on the "Vampire: the Masquerade--Bloodlines" video game soundtrack.

I'm just confused, where does Rasputina fit in? You and Natalie seemed pretty confident. I saw Rasputina's lead cellist, Zoe Keating, perform and really liked her stuff, so it'd be cool to know where the group fits into Whedonia. Shed some light on this for me.

Becky said...

Umm... I don't think Rasputina did the Angel theme song, you told me that they did, I didn't tell you that. I didn't know who did it.

I don't know anything about anything, but Natalie knows some stuff.

Unknown said...

Rasputina didn't do the Angel theme song. However they did play in the background in Drusilla's party, season two. I believe the episode is "Surprise". That is how I found them, then passed them on to Becky. Who passed them on to others, and so on.

Justin said...

I certainly didn't tell you that Rasputina did the theme song, how could I ever claim to know anything of Angel that you don't? LIES!!