Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Dentrix, Who Knew?

Well, I'm officially leaving Makau on Sept. 29th!

I had an interview with Dentrix on Monday and they offered me a job that same day as a Technical Writer. I took the job because it is more money and I like money. Plus a lot of benefits from Dentrix. Dentrix seems like a pretty good company, so I am excited to go and to learn a new position and work for a new company.

But, as glad as I am that I finally found a good job, I'm sad because I am leaving Makau. Makau gave me a home and started me out in the business world, teaching me everything from filing, to accounting, to technical writing. I have appreciated everything that Makau has done for me and it truly feels comfortable working there, but I feel it is time to challenge myself.

I'm nervous to begin a new position in a new company, when all I have known for the last two years are the large cubicles at Makau. Now, I am going to be in a little, itty bitty cubicle with people all around me and the lights turned on full. I will actually have to stay awake during work and that is a total bummer.

Well, 9 more days at Makau, I better enjoy the large cube and the shorter drive to work as Dentrix will be a longer commute. Wish me luck!

14 comments:

Sarah said...

My Baby! I'm so proudness of you! You rock, and the work will be fulfilling, sleeping is always fun, but I bet you'll like it at Dentrix. I wish you plentiful amounts of four leaf clovers, rainbows, and happiness. Oh oh, and Josh wants to be excused, can he be excused forever, and his offer of pot entirely rejected?

Justin said...

I INVENTED DENTRIX!!!!



...What's a Dentrix?

Ah well, in any case, congrats to Becky, the tallest technical writer/editor in the great Dentrix empire...except for Lurch from the Addams Family...who knew that guy could edit? Ah well, just hope you don't get the small cubicle next to him. I hear he listens to music at a reasonable volume from 9 to 11.

Oh and Sarah, while you're asking about being excused, see if you can score me a hall pass.

Sarah said...

Hall pass...hall pass...hmm, I think I could swing that Justin, but it would have to come in the form of a big orange sash that say FREAK! across the middle. Okay? Never pick up a minja!

Becky said...

Thank you to all my adoring fans for paying more attention to Justin and his "Specialness" than to me. Look at me dangit!
Though I will always live in the shadow of Lurch and his technical writing abilities, I don't want to live in the shadow of Justin. Though it is hard not to, being as he is so freakin' tall! Where the Freak sash Justin! Where it until you love it!

Marie said...

Don't leave me Becky!!!! I don't want to be all alone at Makau!!

Where am I going to put my cell phone now?

Who will I eat lunch with now?

Who will tell me all the upstairs gossip?

Who will I share donuts with?

How can I live without seeing you every day??!!!

Becky said...

Yeah, you can't live without me. You might as well kill yourself now. Just set a fire downstairs and you will be sure to die in the flames. Or, you can just tie me to a chair so I don't leave. Something to that effect.

Justin said...

*puts on the Freak sash*

Hey everyone! Look at me!!

Beck, wearing the sash doesn't quite help the attention get back to you....but very well. I will take my leave of absence for...an indeterminate amount of time.

Farewell! *flies off like Superman if Superman wore a Freak sash*

Sarah said...

Becky used the word "where" wrong...she was going for wear, and yet screwed it up entirely. Also, Benjamin Franklin has the scariest eyes to ever be on a man with a mullet. Oh and...*detonates bomb she implanted in "FREAK!" sash and watches the Justin firework show*

Justin said...

Wait, that was a bomb? I thought it was a tin of Altoids so I gave it to Josh and he put it in his pants pocket....

Sarah said...

EXCELLENT! Ending procreation, one male at a time.

Becky said...

Babies...
No Babies...

Sarah, you know what I'm talking about.

Sarah said...

I always know what you're talking about. I'm possibly the only person on this planet who ALWAYS knows...because I'm always there... :D

Justin said...

I know many of us which you'd be NOT there more...and by NOT there, I of couse mean, a-sploded.

Oh, and WHAT IS A DENTRIX!?!?! I MUST KNOW!!

Justin said...

Oh, and Becky, here's something to get you prepped for your nice corporate orientation that you're sure to get joining your new corporate job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEioVIc047o&mode=related&search=