Thursday, December 13, 2007

Is it Christmas Yet?

I am excited for Christmas. This is mostly because I am taking a vacation for Christmas. Matt and I are going to Washington to see his parents for Christmas. I really like the idea of not working for 6 days and not cooking or doing house work for 6 days. That is just going to be a good time.
The best part of Christmas is the food and the not working. Sadly, I only get Christmas Day off as a holiday and I have to use my PTO for the other days that I have off. Suprisingly, I actually have days off. I haven't been sick in one whole month *knocks on wood.*
Matt is currently sick which is tragic for him and for me because I don't like seeing him sick. I wish that we both could be in good health all of the time. That would be nice.
This will be my first Christmas away from home and although I am excited to spend the time with the Kimball's, I will really miss my family. I like my family traditions and I like things to not change, but I am attempting to embrace differences. Eventually, Matt and I will have to create our own Christmas traditions that we will teach to our own offspring someday, but I am content to use our parent's traditions for a little while.
I didn't even decorate for Christmas at all this year. I figured that since we would be gone for Christmas, and since our only Christmas decorations are a set of ornaments that my Grandma Chipman gave me, that we would just not decorate this year. We have big plans to go and buy decorations at the after Christmas decoration sales. That way, we can get decorations for cheap.
I want to become one of those women who has decorations for every holiday and my house looks very festive every month (Natalie's Mom), but I'm just not sure if I have the patience for it. I want my house to look cool without any work from me. That would be great.
I've already finished all of my Christmas shopping. Yay! I went last weekend with Erin and I got it all done in a four hour shopping trip. It was quite fun. I like shopping for other people because it is like guilt free shopping. Matt still has a little shopping to do, but that is for gifts for me, so I'm not allowed to go with him. I know how much he hates shopping, so I am not surprised that he has put this off as long as possible.
Christmas is the best.

5 comments:

Marie said...

There's no point in decorating for holiday unless you have kids. I have some part-time kids so I will only decorate part of the time.

I wonder if Natalie's mom has always decorated for holidays or if she just started when she had kids.

Sarah said...

We have a tiny tree in my apartment...it's like a ghetto Christmas. Christmas kinda makes me sad cuz it's so different this year. Just doesn't feel like it will be Christmas. Or maybe I'm just a Grinch...either one...

Jenni Elyse said...

The first Christmas away from home is always the hardest. But, it gets easier, especially when you start to just want to spend time with the hubby. ;)

Becky said...

This is sad. Sarah has decorated more than me.

Sarah said...

Ha ha! I win! That's what you get for showering! And for going to Washington.