Monday, December 10, 2007

Whoopsi Doodle

I love/hate the snow.

I love the snow because it is all cold and frozen and pretty and fun to play in. But, I hate the snow because it makes driving a pain and it is all cold and frozen and wet. Plus, snow creates ice. Ice, is mean/evil, unless it is cooling my drink.

And, don't even get me started on how ice means ice picks. There will be no ice picks. (Trotski anyone?)

So, today, as I was walking into work, my foot happened to fall on a patch of ice and it slipped. At first, I thought I was going to fall, but I happened to get my other foot under me and temporarily steady myself. Unfortunately, that other foot also stepped down on the same patch of ice and quickly slipped as well. I still had hope of keeping my feet as a did a Goofy on ice foot slide maneuver, but, in the end, the ice got the better of me and I fell on my butt. Now, normally, this would not be so bad because I didn't fall too hard and I caught myself on my hand. (Gravel Hand!) But, the smokers who smoke in the Gazeebo at work caught the whole thing. They were all concerned and "Oh, are you okay," which I guess is better than laughing, but it was still embarrassing. It is one thing to slip on the ice while you are alone and have no one see it and it is another to have people see your not so graceful fall. If my fall had been graceful, I think I would have been more okay with it, but it was all slidy and awkward with limbs flailing everywhere. Needless to say, I hate snow.

8 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Poor Becky!

Goddess said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h...(gasping breath) AH! HA HA HA! HA HA, HA HA, HA, HA HA, HA HA HA!

Love you (eyelashes).

Becky said...

Hey, I know non-flattering Lisa stories and I would be more than happy to share them with the group!

Mc said...

I miss snow.

Mc said...

And we want Lisa stories!

Goddess said...

You have your own Lisa to learn stories about. Leave this Lisa alone.

And I added on the eyelashes. That makes it charming and endearing.

Marie said...

Goofy on ice....heee hee hee!

Marie said...

Goofy on ice....hee hee hee!