Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Matt!

Monday was Matt's birthday, but we celebrated on Sunday after the second session of conference. We had all the Kimball's over for dinner and cake. Matt isn't very big on going all out for Birthdays (unlike me), so it was just the Kimball's and it was all low key.

I opted to get Matt an ice cream cake this year because they are delicious and fulfill the two requirements of a Birthday: ice cream & cake.

I had put the ice cream cake in our big freezer and took it out when the party started, but I couldn't even get the candles into it until it had been out for an hour because it was so very frozen.


 Mmm... cherries jubilee cake.

 Nicole stopped crying about nothing long enough to help Daddy blow out the candles.

It was a pleasant party without too much for me to do. The Kimball women were good enough to clean up my kitchen afterward and let me rest my poor back.

I love Matt so much and I am so happy to have him in my life. Every year on his Birthday I am grateful for him. I am especially grateful to Momma Kimball for raising such a good man.

No comments: