Thursday, July 03, 2008

Potentially Exciting News

Well, I have some potentially exciting news. As many of you know, I am an avid doodler. I enjoy drawing and designing clothes. I have done this for many years as a fun way to pass the time when I am extremely bored at work, school, or family events. Well, now it all might pay off.

I have a meeting with one of the 'modest' clothing lines in the area to show them my designs. I pitched them my idea of having modest sleepwear and they liked the idea and want to meet with me. And, if they like them, they will buy my designs from me. And, if I make money off of drawing clothes, that would just be awesome and really easy to do.

So, I'd like to take this time to thank the following people in advance: Jennie Allred who first taught me that I should draw the body and then clothe it, Marie who found me lots of websites to study fashion design, Gilmore Girls for having their characters wear cute things while they sleep which gave me my idea in the first place, and all my professors who didn't say anything while I drew pictures in their class instead of taking notes.

But really, even if nothing comes of this, it is fun to try new things and see how I do. Even if they don't buy my designs, I'm going to find a seamstress who will help me make my clothes because I really want the sleepwear for myself.

9 comments:

Posmena Sales said...

I bet you will love this - it is swimwear but you could wear it for bed if you wanted!:
- modestswimsuits.co.uk


Marie said...

Swimwear to bed? Who the crap is that "posmena sales" weirdo.

Anyway, thanks for giving me credit on you post and good luck with your designs. Remember, act like you know what you're talking about.

Becky said...

What the weird swimwear to bed? That was strange and disturbing.

Mc said...

I -DO- know what I'm talking about. And if you haven't seen Ironman yet, then GO SEE IT!

And I'm SOOOO excited to see the new Batman movie and...


Wait, am I supposed to be talking about clothes?

AnneMarie said...

That is so fun Becky! I hope all goes well. Is it Modbe?

Jasmine said...

Fun! I always like doodling clothes, too, but I'm nowhere near the doodler you are. So congrats and good luck!

Adrianne Miller said...

I would wear modest sleepwear! Awesome idea. Tell them you have a guarantee sale with me!

Becky said...

It is Mod Bod and I'm still sketching like crazy, trying to get all my ideas down on paper before my meeting tomorrow.
Either you all will see a very excited post from me tomorrow, or you will hear nothing from me, which will indicate that they did not buy my designs.
Here's hopin'.

Deanne said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Put me on the list of customers!