Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Missing My TV Shows

Unfortunately, summer programming has returned to show it's ugly face! I hate the summer because it lacks awesome tv shows! Now, I could see this as a reason to leave the comfort of my living room for the great outdoors. Thereby forcing me into enjoying the supposed summer weather and expanding my social adventures. But, I see it as a route to three months of boredom!

I just don't have enough friends or energy to leave my house every night to supplement my lack of good tv shows to watch. So, this leaves me with watching all of my tv on dvd again, or venturing into the land of movies. Movies are much too short to occupy my time, so it is tv on dvd for me. Unfortunately, Matt does not care for many of my tv shows that I own on dvd. I think he is crazy; Gilmore Girls, Buffy, and Dawson's Creek are totally awesome shows that can be watched again and again.

I would use my extra time to read more, but Matt doesn't read and then he just sits there bored and possible annoyed with my excessive reading habits. So, in lieu of playing out of doors, I think that I will have to get more extravagant in my cooking. I like cooking because it is something that Matt and I can do together that we really enjoy. I have about 10 set recipes that we make again and again, but I really need some more good, inexpensive meals. So, if you have recipe suggestions, they will be taken gladly.

7 comments:

Thirdmango said...

Need more tv? Well then check out Jon's Favorite 50 tv shows of all time. http://www.match-cut.org/showthread.php?t=696 Go Go Gadget TV Watching!

Marie said...

Every night when I get home from work I think, "What shows are on tonight?" and then I remember...NONE!

You should give me your 10 receipes on Friday when we have dinner.

My receipe is: Go to Costco and buy a frozen dinner thing and cook it. Voila!

Jasmine said...

Do I have recipes?!?!....psshhh. I'll email you a whole bunch. What kind of recipes do you want? I've got quick and easy or long and involved - and pretty much anything in between. I've got chinese, italian, mexican, homestyle, and oh so many more. I can even get you a recipe for Cambodian stir fry (from Joel) that's really good. Let me know. (You may not realize what you've gotten yourself into.....) ;)

Becky said...

Wow Jon, that is a lot of tv shows. I will have to take some of those into consideration.

Meems, I will write down some of my recipes for you.

Jasmine, I like quick and easy meals. I went to your recipe blog and stole some off of there, but more are welcome. I only like long and involved deserts. I figure that if I'm going to make a desert, it better be pretty darn good. Email please!

Jenni Elyse said...

You should watch In Plain Sight. It's the new USA show on Sundays at 11:00 pm. I normally TiVo it and watch it on Monday. But, alas, as far as the rest of the week, I have nothing.

As far as movies, you should join Netflix and then you can have 2-3 movies come at once and watch them. They're very quick to get here, so once you send them back, you'll get new ones within a couple of days!

AnneMarie said...

Becky, I never watch TV so, sorry I'm not feeling your pain, but I love that you have a blog and I can keep up with you!

Deanne said...

Hang in there! Only two more months to go!