Monday, January 19, 2009

Baby Shower Number 1

I had my first baby shower this weekend. My work friend Erin threw the party for me with the help of her sisters and mom. The house was all decorated really cute with cartoons of pregnant women.



Ree and I went together and were the first ones there because everyone got lost and was late. I blame mapquest for that. When everyone was there, we played a game where everyone cut a piece of string to the length they thought it needed to be to go all the way around my belly. Everyone was too big with the exception of Patty (a friend from work), who was right on. Patty got a prize. Erin bought and wrapped all these really cute prizes for the winners.



Then, we played a game where everyone cut out pictures from a magazine and reconstructed them onto a piece of paper to what they think that my baby will look like. They were all a little scary, but Marie and Karmen won that one. I would have posted the pic of the scary frankenstein babies, but I look like an ugo in the pics. So, I will leave it to your imagination.





Then, we opened presents, which was one of my favorite parts because I love presents! I got a lot of really cute stuff for Nicole, including a pink baby bath and a diaper bag. I was really lucky to get so many nice things. I have awesome friends! Momma Brisk even made me a blanket with a crocheted egde. It is really cute, but also not finished, so I will get it back when the baby is closer to being born.





After presents, Erin had an ice cream bar set up for everyone to make sundaes. I love ice cream right now, so that worked out really well. I had two bowls, but don't tell.




Everything turned out really great and I'm so thankful to Erin and her family for throwing me this shower. I have another shower on Saturday at my Mom's house and I'm just not sure that it will be able to live up to the shower that Erin threw me. We will just have to see.

9 comments:

Marie said...

Good times, good ice cream, good prizes. I like that I'm in so many of your pictures!

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm glad the shower turned out well and that you had a good time. I'm also glad you got a lot of nice things for Nicole.

Jasmine said...

So Nicole's the name? Good choice! ;) (I'm not biased or anything....)

Looks like you had fun. Aren't showers the best?

Becky said...

Yeah, I totally didn't steal the name of your daughter's middle name. *looks around and runs away*

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

That was fun. I'm glad I found it! It only took me forever! I love how I have funny faces in every picture I'm in. You should photo shop better faces of me in. I can even send you a few.

Becky said...

Funny faces? I thought that was just your regular faces.

Deanne said...

I'm so sorry about the job situation. It really stinks. Hopefully the closed window will be an open door in the very near future! It looks like the baby shower was a success! I hope the shower this Saturday can compete. Love the name, by the way!

Marie said...

Nicole Marie Kimball. Don't forget about the middle name!

Sarah said...

You're obsessed Meemers.