Monday, February 09, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday. I am 25 today. I'm having a low key birthday this year. No big party, no theme, just me and Matt and my ever growing fetus. I just feel too pregnant and too tired to throw a big party this year. So, it will be a calm birthday. Normally, I make it a big shabang, but this is going to be an odd year.

Yesterday we had a few people over for key lime pie, which served as my birthday cake. Matt got me a Cafe Rio key lime pie a few weeks ago and I liked it soo much that we decided to try to make one ourselves. It turned out really yummy. Key lime is my new favorite pie, so sorry pumpkin pie.

Additionally, I've been craving cupcakes for a week now, so Marie made me some white cake cupcakes with cherry frosting. Marie makes the best frosting! It was soooo yummy and satisfied my craving. My sister loves me.

Matt has been sick this past week and I've attempted to take care of him. It is all very difficult when I don't feel well myself after working all day and growing a baby. I really hate how pregnancy drains me of all my energy. I'm super sleepy today, so I'm glad that it is a low key birthday.

6 comments:

Jasmine said...

Happy Birthday! There's nothing wrong with having a low-key birthday. My birthday was pretty much the same way because Alexis was 3 weeks old, and I wasn't really feeling up to partying. Sometimes it's nice to stay at home and cuddle up with the hubby. :)

Jenni Elyse said...

Well, even though your birthday is low key, I hope you have a good one. Enjoy spending time with Matt and your fetus. Happy Birthday!

Deanne said...

Happy Birthday! I hope all your wishes come true.

Marie said...

I am a good sister and I do make good frosting. And you make good Key Lime Pie. Shmappy Shmirthday.

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

Happy Birthday!

Sarah said...

Love you Babes...a lot. And the key lime pie was delunctuous.