Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I love long weekends! I got three whole days with Matt and Nicoley. Unfortunately, Matt was sick on Friday night. He stayed downstairs and tried to avoid getting me and Coley O sick. I had a hard time sleeping because I am used to sleeping with Matt in the bed with me. It was odd. Luckily, Matt started feeling better on Saturday and we were able to go shopping together. I have been doing the grocery shopping alone with Nicole lately and it was really nice to go with Matt.

On Sunday, we made lasagna and had Anne, the kids, DJ and his girlfriend Jana overr. Unfortunately, I was feeling sick on Sunday. But, Matt was super Dad/husband and took care of Nicole and made dinner for everyone. I think that Moms should get sick days like employees do.

On Monday, Matt and I had planned a picinic. We wanted to take Nicole for her first outdoor outting. But, we had massive amounts of food, so we invited the parents and Johnny and Krista.

I dressed Nicole up in a cute little sun dress and shot some pics of her.


But, Nicole missed almost the whole event because she slept through it. I guess the combination of being warm and comfortable made her all sleepy. I woke her up right before we were going to leave because Mom and Krista wanted to hold her.

Matt and I cooked burgers, corn on the cob and had other picinic foods that we prepped before hand and brought to the park. We went to Nielson's park by the Walmart in Orem. It is a really nice park and it wasn't too crowded.
Mom and Dad came and brought fresh cider. Yum! Mom even joined in on a game of frisbee with Johnny, Krista, and Matt.
Krista and Johnny came a little late, but it was good to see them after their long trip away.
Nicole did not like being woken up and did not like the sun. She didn't want to open her eyes at all.
I finally got a picture with me and my baby. I haven't liked the way I have looked for the last month, but I've lost 40 pounds and I feel pretty good, so I posed for a pic.
This was as happy as she got during our outting. Matt played her favorite pasifier game with her and she gave a little bit of a smile despite the sun.
It was a good weekend! I loved my time with Matt even though we were both sick at one point.

6 comments:

Jasmine said...

That is such a cute sun dress! What a great way to spend Memorial Day. (We spent the last half of it driving....)

And yay for finally feeling good enough to take a picture of yourself!!! I still don't feel to that point most of the time. You and the little one are looking bee-u-tiful.

Adrianne Miller said...

She is so cute!!!! I want her to marry my baby.
Great job on the 40lbs! I am not even going to step on a scale until my 6 week appointment. I am still blissfully unaware.

Sarah said...

Awww, Nicoley O. Why must she hate the sun? I think you should probably get her to love it.

Jenni Elyse said...

Her sun dress is really cute. I like the last picture with her smile.

Congrats on losing 40 lbs! That's a huge accomplishment and you must feel awesome!

Marie said...

Sorry I missed the picnic. I was busy partying my life away in Vegas!

Laura said...

It was a very nice Memorial Day picnic. Thanks for inviting us. We thoroughly enjoyed it. We love our kids and grandkids. You are an awesome mom.