Monday, April 11, 2011

Whatever

So, today I am exactly 39 weeks pregnant. If my doctor was in town, I would be in the hospital having my baby right now. Hospitals allow 2nd time mothers to induce one week prior to their due date. That is how Adrianne had her baby yesterday (attempting to not be jealous). But, since my doctor is on spring break, I must wait until Thursday when she returns.

I really love my doctor. She did great delivering Nicole and she has had six babies of her own, so I know that she knows what she is doing. I want her to be the one to deliver my baby boy. But man am I hating spring break right now. I know that even doctors need a break and she tries really hard to schedule her vacations around her patients. I'm just so heavy and so big and so ready to have this baby.

Today I tried on three shirts until I found one that mostly covers my belly. You know you are too pregnant when most of your maternity shirts no longer cover your belly. Luckily, maternity pants come up past my belly button, so when my shirt doesn't come all the way down, you just see the tummy panel on the pants, not actual belly. That would be gross.

I put on my shoes today and they didn't fit. They were way tight and painful, but they are the biggest shoes that I have, so I wore them anyway. In retrospect, I should have put on flip flops. Darn swollen feet.

It is a good thing I am working from home because I just don't fit into anything right now. I don't think I would have any attire that is work appropriate.

I woke up every two hours last night. This is my body's way of telling me it is time for the baby. Now if only my body would get some contractions to push that baby out! At least I will be on his schedule when he is born.

Okay, I'm ready now... lets go.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Let's get this show on the road! I'm ready to meet Daniel.

Marie said...

I can't wait to meet him!!!! Only 2 more days!! Granted, they are tortuous days, but still, only 2 left!

Adrianne Miller said...

You can do it! It's sure nice when they are out!! Good luck! I will be waiting to see pictures.

Jasmine said...

You're so close! Soon all this will be a distant (though probably not so fond) memory, and you'll be snuggling your little man. :)