Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Hunt is Over!

I finally got a job! I was offered the technical writer position for AccessData, a forensic software company. It is perfect. I get to write, which is what I love to do, it is close to home, and it offers the money that we need to support ourselves. I am very excited! I start on Monday, which is quite soon, but I wasn't about to say no. Matt and I are both very happy and grateful for this offer.

Though I am happy about the job, it is also very bitter sweet. This means that in just a few days, Matt and I will be switching roles; he will be stay at home dad and I'm going to be bringing home the bacon. I will miss my sweet little Nicole so very much. I love her so very much and I'm sad to know that I won't get to spend my days with her. Plus, Matt starts night school soon, so we probably won't see each other much during the day as I will be gone during the day and he will be gone at night. Hello new phase of our life. Even though it will be challenging, I know that it will be worth it to get Matt through school so that we may always have a steady income.

It is such a relief to have this finally happen. But, now I have the fear and nervousness that comes with starting something new and challenging. The job does require a lot of travel, which will be a whole other challenge, but I am eager to start.

Thanks for all the love and support that everyone has given me! I love you all.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Hooray! Too bad we won't get to be stay-at-home moms together though.

Jenni Elyse said...

Congratulations! I'm glad something came available to meets your needs! :) Good luck!

Jasmine said...

Yay for getting a job! And even better that you don't have to wait forever for it to start. Good luck!

Deanne said...

Yay! I'm so happy that you found something that will allow you to do something you love. Good luck with this new phase.