Monday, February 06, 2006

Prom

As most of you know, my own personal Birthday Prom is on Friday. There will be cake (brought to you by Jill), dancing (brought to you by Jarom and Natalie), a dance floor (brought to you by Marie), food (brought to you by the parents), twister, the voting and crowning of Prom Queen and King and people in pretty attire.
I'm really only bringing the decorations and the twister, this Prom is really being brought to pass by family and friends. But there will be a Prom! Oh yes there will.
Marie thought of this theme, as I attempted to outdo my last year's theme of Clue (hard to outdo) and I thought it appropriate because any time that I get to wear fake eyelashes is a good time. Prom is very much a blast from the past and the quitessential essence of the shallowness and pointlessness of highschool, so it seemed the perfect theme. I am far enough removed from my Prom that it will be fun to get back into that dress (that doesn't fit) and get my money's worth.
For my Prom(we'll say Junior year) I asked the guy, and then he paid, it was kinda awesome. It was at the courthouse in Provo and we promanaded down the front steps. It was completely pointless, yet so very important at the time. The best part of my prom was that I got to drive Bill's Beamer (the old blue one) and some guy came to the Prom with an inflatable alligator. It doesn't get much better than that. But my date was kinda lame and only danced the slow songs with me, alas!
Well, here's hoping that my Prom this year is better than my sophmore, junior or senior Prom. It has to be because there will be better snacks and twister. Who doesn't like playing twister in a big old dress, with Mike playing (he loves to step right where you would normally step in that game, just to spite you, even if it is across the board for him.)

2 comments:

Goddess said...

Hey, speaking of that, does anybody have a dress I can borrow?

Sarah said...

YAY! Yay for parties!