Sunday, October 11, 2009

Teething?

So, Nicole was super fussy yesterday. She cried when I was right next to her or holding her. She took four naps and was still tired. And, she would get sick of every toy we tried after about two minutes. Ugh! Around 8pm, I felt the back of her neck and realized that she felt really hot. We took her temperature and sure enough, 101.7.

I got some baby tylenol into her and got her into a luke warm bath to bring the fever down. The fever came down and we got her to sleep eventually but she still has a fever of 99.4 today. Is this teething? I sure hope so because a teething baby is better than a sick baby.

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

It could be teething. Every baby teeths differently with different symptoms, so I don't know if anyone will know better than you will. But it sure sounds like teething. Try giving her something cold or frozen to chew on (I've heard of people sticking a damp washcloth in the freezer...) and stick your finger in there once a day to see if you can feel any bumps. Hopefully she'll cut teeth fairly quickly. Good luck!

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm sorry to hear Nicole isn't doing well. I wish I could help you as to whether it's teething or her being sick. I hope whatever it is that she gets better soon.