Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Years Eve 2005

Kelli graciously opened her house to us once again and we celebrated the coming of 2006. I here recal the events of the party. See pictures below for a visual representation.
The party was bunches of fun with lots of food. We had a make your own smoothie station, a chocolate fountain (brought to you by Natalie Ashton), and those yummy pickles wrapped in a tortilla. The food table was visited often during the evening.
We played spoons and in the first round it came down to the Derington sisters with only me, Baby and Marie left, I won. Yay! But in the second round, the Derington sisters were the first out, it was strange. And I believe that Karmen won the second round. Spoons was observed by our very own standing Jeremy and John statues.
We played pit, which was fun until the spill of smoothie on the new carpet to which there was chaos and rapid cleaning.
Mike and Justin sat themselves in front of the big screen TV and played Tetris on the XBox for the majority of the night. I don't know who won, but it seemed to go on forever until someone turned it off. There were screams of "Level 9!" it was funny.
Michael Jackson Music Vids were watched again this year, my favorite being Thriller, which Nessy surprisingly knew the dance to. We made her get up and dance to the vid. Good old Nessy, she should come around more often. (Talking to you Baby)
But the main even of the evening was really DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). The majority of the time, people were plopped down in front of the DDR and either dancing or watching people dance. The first timers of DDR included such people as Dave, Jarom, Jeremy, John, and Jenna. They did stunningly, or rather they tried really hard and we laughed. But I believe the die hard DDRers of the evening were Sarah and Mike who danced for a very long time while the rest of us watched MJ sing and dance. Nessy was of course the best dancer, but I like to think that I did pretty well myself.
We celebrated midnight by opening multiple poppers, leaving the floor confetti strewn. Then there was an attempt at silly string or crazy stiring rather, that failed miserably, but provided much entertainment.
Post midnight, some people departed, but us die hards stayed up and played a few rounds of Mafia. Mike and Natalie were the Mafia surprisingly a lot, and Dave always seemed to be the doctor. And lets not forget the infamous Dave vs. John feud that ensued during the Mafia games. It was tragic, many died. I believe my favorite round included a Cream of Weber bucket. It was either that round or the one where people kept eating poisonous Christmas plants and dying, either one.
We all departed around 3am and the celebration ended. Hopefully we didn't stick Kelli with too much clean up.
I'd like to thank Kelli for the use of her house and food, Natalie for the chocolate fountain, and me for inviting about 3/4s of the guests.
Have a good 2006!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, I have to know, why in the world do I look so horribly ugle in every single picture? And why is my mouth always open? Oh and i think my tongue was red from orange soda, or smoothie, probably a combo. Alas the night was really fun, I loved it. But I disagree with Bec, the rounds I hosted were the funniest ones :P

Becky said...

Whatever! I don't even remember what you named the town! You got the DDR award, I think that you have enough!

Anna said...

fantastic blogging!!

Unknown said...

I look bad in most of these too! but I think its funny that you got pics of Dave DDRing. It was a really fun New Years eve. I still think that it was sad that I lost the last round of spoons. My head just wasnt in the game.

Goddess said...

Yeah, well, if I had been there I would have been all "Look at me, look at me."

Becky said...

I was there, so Ha! Take that!

Unknown said...

Oh I was totally there too! I think I saw you there Becky.