Friday, May 12, 2006

Once Upon A Dream

In celebration of my determination to read 30 books this summer, I'm asking for recomendations of books. I have about 16 books that are borrowed or bought that are waiting for me to read, but I am lacking about 14 books. So, I call for titles. If you know of any books, preferably in the Sci Fi and Fantasy genre, that are good and reading worthy, please share.

Additionally, I've begun watching Lost and 24, and I find them to be interesting shows. 24 has a suspensful "What's going to go wrong next?" feel to it. Lost has a "There's a mystery on this island and I don't know what it is!" feel to it. They are both interestign and I highly recomend them.

And, seeing as how Mother's Day is coming up and I still have not bought my gift, feel free to mention any Motherly gift ideas. Or, if you have bought your mother a fantastic gift, feel free to gloat that you have a gift and I don't "nah nah nah nah nah nah."

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I gave you all the books that i had for you to read...well minus a few, but i have a list of 100s of books that i wish to read if that helps. Um, read pretties faster I want it! And get Mom a gift tomorrow, I'm so in on it whatever it is, stick it on my tab!

Drew said...

Eragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini.

Drew said...

Eragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini.

HailerStar said...

Whee! I don't know you but I found your blog by reading Justin's *who I knew from back in da day at SVU* And you love Buffy, Angel, and Firefly so in my book that means you rock. (Joss Whedon writes the best sci-fi stories ever!) And I'm a major LOST addict.
Since I love Sci-fi Fantasy I'll toss out some recommendations...do discount them if you're not at all into Young Adult Fantasy as well as Sci-Fi...
1. Unicorn Sonata--Peter S. Beagle
2. Wolf Tower
3. Wolf Star
4. Wolf Queen
5. Wolf Wings -- Tanith Lee
6. Wizard of London -- Mercedes Lackey
7. Fire Rose -- Mercedes Lackey
8. Dragons Flight -- Anne McCaffrey
9. Winter Rose
10. Harrowing the Dragon
11. Od Magic
12. Book of Attrix Wolfe
13. Song of the Basilisk
14. Alphabet of Thorn -- (all) by Patricia A. McKillip
Sorry for random bookage...but since u love sci-fi I thought I'd throw these your way!

Becky said...

Good, good! Thanks for all the imput! Especially you hailerstar. I haven't read any of those books and now I can add them to my list. This has all been really helpful! Drew, thanks for the repeated suggestion of Eragon. I actually have it and it is in a stack of books for me to read even though I hear that it is a little slow.
Now that I have my book list, I can take over the world!!! Mwahahaha!

Sarah said...

First of all...hailstar, you rocks with the book recommends, secondly, Drew...I got halfway through Eragon, realized that the writing was adolescent, naive, and that every character was static and 2 demensional...then lent it to Bec. Sorry, but as a writer...Eragon was so putrescent I would rather tear off my skin than finish it... Oh and HEY! I already decided that I was taking over the world! This decision was made at just about age five, so Becky, you were there when I was five, were you planning world domination? NO! You were still playing with your barbie dolls! I, on the other hand, had practically perfected my plan for ruling ze vorld! Um...ignore the random german accent...*runs!*