Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ever Notice that All Government Buildings Smell the Same?

Matt and I went and got our marriage license yesterday from the Utah County Clerks office. We discovered that it is very easy to get married in the state of Utah. It doesn't matter who you are or if you are who you say you are. We got there and filled out all the paperwork and the worker put it into the computer and printed something out for us to sign and then just gave us our license. She didn't ask for ID or any proof of being an American or anything. We could have used completely different names and no one would have known! Well, Matt and I would have known and that would have prevented us from getting married, but I thought it very odd.

I am one step closer to getting married now. I feel like I am baby stepping to the wedding because it feels so very far away. But, at the same time it feels very close. I think that it feels close because I know that I still have a lot that I haven't done yet! And, even though I am checking things off of the list, I am also adding to it because I keep remembering other things that still need to be done. So, I live in conflict because I want the day to come sooner, but I also want more time to accomplish all the things that I still need to do.

No comments: