Monday, April 23, 2007

Season of Weddings

Well, this weekend I went to Rachel's wedding. I almost didn't make it there because I got sick on Friday morning when we were suppose to leave. Kelli and Karmen went on without us and then I started feeling better later in the day, so I dosed myself with Dramamine and we went anyway. The trip was miserable, but I was glad that I went.
Rachel looked beautiful and it was a pleasant ceremony on the beach. Getting married on a beach has to be one of the coolest things. It was cold though and I don't know how Rachel stayed warm with her elegant strapless gown. I guess her mind was on other things. The reception was fun, complete with Rachel and Tim acting like freaks and dancing like freaks and all that jazz. It was an atmosphere very geared to their personalities, which worked out really well. Baby came with us and she seemed to have joyous amounts of fun with her fiance Natalie.
The trip home wasn't nearly as bad as the trip there, I attribute this to the fact that I wasn't throwing up on the side of the road on the way home. I'm glad to be home, though I enjoyed the California atmosphere in Oceanside. Oceanside is a pretty place and it was mostly nice weather whilst we were there for one day.
In other news, there is another wedding on the front. Nefi and Rose are getting married this Thursday in Bountiful. I didn't realize that the reception was so very far away and I will try to make it out to see them. They will probably partake in one of our stunning regifted items. They are the items that Matt and I did not want and did not know how to return. Not because they were bad gifts, but because we have no use for them. Anyone with a wedding coming up can expect a regift from me. Hopefully I don't give back a gift to the same person who gave it to me.
Additionally, my lovely, older sister Marie is getting married. She just got engaged last week and I think that we can all agree in saying, "It's about time!" Anthon asked her in a really cute way and Matt and I got to be there to see it all. Her ring is gorgeous and much larger than mine, which I'm sure makes her a happy girl. Marie will be wedded on 7/7/7. Which is good for Johnny because then he can actually be there for one of his sister's weddings. I feel a little bad about not waiting for Johnny, but I feel that it is for the best. Johnny doesn't know Matt at all, so it will be funsies for him when he gets home. They can go golfing or something.
Well, those are all the weddings that I can think of right now, but I'm sure that more and more people will get engaged in the near future. Who knows, maybe Mike...someday. If any of my blog viewers have upcoming nuptuals, feel free to post about them.

No comments: