Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Already

I'm apparently the worst blogger ever. It has almost been a month since I last blogged. I'm the worst. It is almost Thanksgiving and November is almost over. It is trippin' me out.

I would report on my life goings ons, but nothing has really been going on. I go to work, I come home, Matt and I cook dinner and then we watch TV. It is all very thrilling.

I have taken up a new hobby. My friend Elyse, from work, is teaching me to crochet. I was tired of the same two scarves that I wear most everyday and I wanted to make myself a new one. So, I bought some yarn and a hook and Elyse taught me how to crochet. I've crocheted four scarves now and I'm always looking for a new stitch to learn. It is nice to have something to do with my hands when I have to sit and be quiet in places. I get a lot of crocheting done during church because I can crochet and listen at the same time. It is a pleasant new hobby that I have taken up. Plus, I get pretty new scarves and things when I finish with a project.

For Thanksgiving this year we are going to the parent's cabin in Park City. We are spending the night on Wednesday and eating Thursday afternoon. All of the brothers and sisters as well as many of the nieces and nephews will be there so it will either be really fun or really annoying. We are driving ourselves so that we can leave at any time.

I'm excited for the time off work for Thanksgiving. Not that work is difficult or time consuming, but sometimes it can be really annoying. Like this meeting that wouldn't end yesterday. It was beyond annoying and the speaker spoke so very slow and by the end I was about ready to scream. I don't like working late to accommodate for a meeting.

Hopefully, life will get more interesting in good ways. If not, I hope that it stays blissfully boring.

5 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Well, now that you can almost crochet as well as I can, you're on your way to being as cool as I am as well. ;)

I agree 100% on the speaker speaking so very slowly.... It was horrible. I wish I had the gumption to leave before pictures are taken like you did. But, I did the next best thing. I stood behind Ryan! :D

Mc said...

Please remove the above advertising post in Portuguese. And might I add that not ALL your brothers and sisters will be at Thanksgiving.

Becky said...

You are right, Jake and Jill won't be there. They are going to Palm Springs to spend Thanksgiving with Grandpa and Uncle Ron.

Linda said...

....and Aunt Linda. By the way it was a very nice visit in Palm Springs.

Becky said...

Apparently, it was a grand Derington family Thanksgiving. Linda being there makes it grand.