Monday, November 10, 2008

Our New Floor

Last week Matt began work on our new kitchen floor. We decided to go from ghetto linoleum to awesome tiles! Matt ripped out the linoleum earlier in the week and I neglected to get pics of the floor before hand because I'm the worst! Then, on Friday, Matt started laying down all the tiles. Here is a shot of the beginning of the process.


Matt's hands took a beating during the process. His right hand was all cracked and not good looking, so he is showing his displeasure at his ruined hands in this pic.


Matt got all the tile down on Friday night. Then, on Saturday morning, Sarah came over and helped Matt grout and clean the tile. I was not helpful for the whole process because I'm all pregnant and deficient. It is hard for me to get down on the ground and move around on my hands and knees (as is required for tile work). I blame the baby entirely. Luckily, my prettier and less fetus like Baby came and was a good helper.

Here is a pic of the floor after all the grout is in. It has been cleaned once, but it is still all grouty.

Then, on Sunday, Matt cleaned the floor again and moved all the large appliances back into the kitchen. Which I loved because I disliked my refrigerator in my dining room. Matt is showing off his mad dust panning skills in this pic.


And then we were done and I have a brand new tile floor. I love it! It matches the cabinets better than the green linoleum and it is less white trash. It also makes the kitchen feel bigger. Kudos to Matt for all his awesome and efficient work on the floor. I really did nothing during the process. I fetched food for my husband worker and took pictures. I take no credit for all the floor's brilliance.

7 comments:

Jasmine said...

Yay for tile! I can't wait till I can do projects like that. But having my own house is kind of a prerequisite for such ambition.

Angela said...

Looks great! We have tile like that in our house and I love it, it hides the dirt so well.

Marie said...

Sweet work Matt. It was fun watching Matt work while Becky and I ate food and didn't help.

Sarah said...

Yeah, grouting and sponging off tile is super fun...it's probably one of my favoritist things to do. I think Matt and I will go into business together, sorta like how Bec and I will be groundskeepers one day....

Jenni Elyse said...

The floor looks very nice! Good job, Matt!

Becky said...

We're Willy and Willy! Brwrerere!

Sarah said...

Spot on Baby, spot on.