Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Lisa!

It was Lisa's Birthday yesterday, so I invited her over for dinner and cake. That was the idea anyway. Matt made dinner and it was delicious! Steak sandwiches and grilled potatoes are always a good choice.


I was in charge of the cake. I decided to make a chocolate and peanut butter cake, one that I have made before. But, it didn't turn out the way that I remember it. The cake was just so crumbly! When I began to cut the layers, they just crumbled apart. I attempted to reassemble them and fix it with frosting, but then I didn't have enough frosting for the top and sides of the cake and I ended up with this.

This is by far the ugliest cake I have ever made. But, it did taste really good. Lisa told me that my cake had a "sweet spirit."
We had fun playing games and such though, so I call the night a success despite the caketastrophe.
Nicole as afraid of the camera as ever. Someday I will get a good picture of her... someday.
What a fatty!

No comments: