Friday, February 19, 2010

And the Saga Continues

Well, Nicole threw up three times yesterday and no times today so far. But, she has thrown up her antibiotic every time I have given it to her and last night she got a rash after I gave it to her. So, I stopped giving it to her. Today she has been crying off and on all day and has been non inclined to eat. I have to assume that it is the ear infection. Called the doctor to get a new prescription but my doctor has already left for the weekend. The office said they would try to get a different doctor to sign a prescription and send it off to the pharmacy. We shall see.

I've got her on Motrin, but it doesn't seem to help with whatever it is that is ailing her. This would be so much easier if she could just talk to me.

I'm starting to get cabin fever. Two weeks of being in my house alone is getting to me. I'm so sick of tv and reading and all the things that I do in a day. I want out! I want a break. But, then I remember that I am still a mommy and sometimes mommy's don't get breaks.

She has been waking up in the middle of the night every day this week which is very unlike her. She usually sleeps 8-10 hours a night. I can't tell if this is ear pain or tooth pain or a different pain entirely. I'm tired, but I feel worse for her than I do for me.

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

It's so hard when you can tell your baby is not feeling well and in pain, but you feel helpless because you just don't know what to do. I hope you get the new prescription today and that little Nicole starts feeling better soon!

If you feel up to having company (and if that would help the cabin fever--I know how you feel), just give me a call. I'm here till next Monday. :)

Jenni Elyse said...

She has an ear infection? Poor little one. What kind of antibiotic did they give her? Amoxicillin? I understand the rash and hives thing. I'm allergic to -cillins too. I hope she gets better soon.

Marie said...

If the weather was nice you could at least go outside and get some fresh air, but I guess we still have to wait a couple more months for that. Poor baby and Baby.

Teresa Gashler said...

I hope Nicole feels better soon. You're doing great hanging in there.