Thursday, October 14, 2010

I love YA Adult Books

I love reading Young Adult literature. Why you ask? Because it is entertaining, I have a better chance of "clean" literature, and because I can relate to the angsty characters. Additionally, the story lines and plots are usually easier to follow than some of the Adult fiction that I have read.

I am very much a fantasy reader. I love to read fantasy, but often fantasy books tend to be too graphic for my taste, but if I read YA, I usually have a cleaner story and language. Additionally, fantasy often involves world building, meaning that the writer creates their own world in the book and describes it to the reader. In Adult fiction fantasy, this sometimes is so monotonous to read because the worlds are so complicated. In YA, is is usually a little simpler. Plus, YA books are shorter than Adult fiction, but longer than children's books. Perfect size!

One of my favorite book review blogs is having a YA book giveaway and I had to jump on board for that as I love YA books and I love free stuff. I love reading her reviews, they give me ideas for new books to read, they give me an idea of the content, the genre, and the cleanliness of a book. To check out her blog, go to http://booksinthespotlight.blogspot.com/.

My favorite YA books have to be the Harry Potter books. I know what you are thinking, "What? What about Twilight?" As much as I love Twilight, there are so many flaws in the writing and so many flaws in the characters that it just doesn't compare to JK Rowling's wizard world, whose characters I love. Let's just face it, I hate Bella, she is annoying. But, I love the world that Stephenie Meyer created.

Well that is all the book ranting that I have for now.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Racking up some points, eh?

Becky said...

You know it! I want free books.