Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break!

This week is spring break for Matt. This spring break thing is all new to me. I went to BYU, who does not believe in spring break, so it is a foreign concept. Thus far, it has not been what tv portrays spring break to be. This could be due to the fact that Matt is married, with 1.8 children and is not in Mexico for his spring break.

But, it has been pleasant thus far because we get to spend more time together as a family. Our family time is normally very limited to 2 hours a day and 1.5 days on the weekends. So... Yay, spring break baby!

Technically, Matt has class yesterday and today, but he has opted to not go to class these two days in order to spend time with Nicole and I. I'm celebrating. I love my Matt time.

I know that we will get more time together when the baby comes, but I'm guessing that my six weeks at home will be more devoted to healing and taking care of my newborn baby boy that gallivanting and having fun. Not that I am gallivanting much in my condition right now.

I often feel so exhausted by the time that I am done with work that I just don't want to do anything but put my feet up and read books to my Nicoley or snuggle my Matt. But, I'm doing the best I can to stay mobile and active so that I can work until this baby comes. I fear that if I laze too much, that my body will get complacent and then I won't be physically able to go to work every day.

No big plans in place for spring break right now, but I'm happy for the time together as a family.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Maybe you could watch some spring break stuff on tv so that you feel more spring breaky....or maybe just look at pictures of a beach. To bad it's not very springy outside.

Jasmine said...

I miss spring break...

Enjoy your time with the hubster!

Laura said...

Family time is the best! I'm glad that you have this time.