Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm a Mommy!

Nicole came to me last night and said, "I'm a mommy."

Me: "Oh yeah? You're a mommy?"

Nicole: "Yup. Where are my brets?"

Me: "Where are your whats? Your barrets?"

Nicole: "No, my brests? I forgot them."

Me: "Your wrists? Your breath?"

Nicole (getting upset): "No, my brests!"

Me (still not getting it): "Okay, I don't know where they are, where are they?"

Nicole: "Upstairs in your closet."

Me: "Okay, lets go and find them."

(upstairs in my closet)

Me: "Okay, where are they?"

Nicole (pointing to one of my shirts): "Right there, my brests. I'm a mommy."

Finally, I realize that she has been saying "breasts" this whole time and she thinks that being a mommy means having breasts and that breasts are in my shirt. So, if she puts on my shirt, she will have breasts.

Me: "Oh, sweetheart, you're a little girl, you don't have breasts yet."

Nicole bursts into tears.

Nicole: "I need my brests!"

Me: "Nicoley, you are just a little girl, but someday you will have breasts and someday you will be a mommy."

This did not seem to console her. So, I held her and sang songs to her while she cried about not having breasts.

8 comments:

Marie said...

Oh Nicole....such a funny girl. I bet there are some adult women that cry about not having breasts yet too.

Krista said...

That is the funniest story I think I have heard about Nicole! Thanks for posting!

Sarah said...

Ha ha. They're pretty cumbersome, I don't think having them as a little girl would be any fun at all. Have patience, Nicoley.

Jasmine said...

Awesome. :)

Annette said...

That is a classic! You'll have to remind her of that when she is a teenager.

Rebecca Susan said...

This is the most hilarious thing I've read in months!!

Angela said...

My kids used to think mine were in my bras. My oldest saw my husband folding laundry when she was 3 and he was holding a bra and she screamed "NO Daddy, that's Mommy's boobies!"

Deanne said...

Haha! Too funny. What a cute girl.