Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What the Heck!

So, after having the stomach flu go through everyone in the house a week ago, I thought we were in the clear for a little while. Obviously, I was mistaken because I woke up at 5am to the sound of Dan retching in his bed. My poor little man is sick again!

He retched and retched, but there was nothing in his stomach that early, so it was just dry heaves. Then, we gave him a little pedialite, which we had on hand from the last week. He fell back asleep and then woke up at 6am to throw up the pedialite. My poor Dan was so pale. But, he is in good spirits, so that is good at least.

I feel like we just can't catch a break. I do everything I can to keep my kids healthy, but they keep catching stuff. Arg! Matt has a final project presentation today, so he can't miss school and I have no days off left, so I can't miss work and we can't send a sick baby to a sitter... it is so frustrating. I wish that I were a stay at home mom so I could just be home with my kids when they are sick and we wouldn't have all these crazy complications every time the kids are sick, which seems to be often.

Anyway, we will do the BRAT diet for Dan right now and see how that turns out. He was just barely getting his appetite back from the last time that he was sick. Now we have to go through it all over again. Curse you stomach flu! *shakes fist*

2 comments:

Marie said...

Totally crappy.

Deanne said...

I'm so sorry :(