Monday, January 31, 2005

Pet Peeves, Even The Word Peeve Annoys Me

Becky has been posting up the wazoo, and what do I have? Two depressing poems, not enough I decided. Okay, so I am going to let out some anger on certain points today, what some would call pet peeves. This list could possibly go on forever, so I will keep it to some of the main ones, ones I've been thinking about lately.

People who give Christmas decorations to you for Christmas. Like you need more wooden santa claus', nutcrackers, and mismatchy ornaments to lay around your house. People who do not know how to use circles, yield does not mean stop people. Someone saying that they will do something, or be somewhere, or call you, or some other such thing, and then not doing that thing, and even worse when they don't acknowledge that they did not do that thing. Clothes on animals, it's ridiculus. Skinny girls that whine about being fat, when they aren't. When someone makes fun of themselves just so you will compliment them. The hiccups. My brother, doesn't matter which one, they've all bothered me at one point or another in my life. The word doughnut, there doesn't seem to be just one certain way for a doughnut place to spell it, make up your minds doughnut people! People who just whine and whine about Bush being president, shut up please! He's the president, there is nothing you can do about it so stop making us want to chop off our ears because you wont be quiet about it! 7th Heaven, that show should just go away, be gone you annoying Camdons.

Okay, I could go on forever, but you get the idea, so please comment. Tell me your pet peeves, or make fun of mine, whatever pleases you. But now you all know not to whine about being fat, while whining about the president and hiccupping while writing the many variations of the word doughnut while stopped at a yield sign, in my presence. Love you all, have fun naming your pet peeves.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just read this and thought, oh yeah... I had plans to go to Beckys on Friday. I told you that I might be able to drop by cause I thought my parents had that party/dinner thing. Then they didn't end up having it cause it is happening this week. So I forgot that I had plans with anyone cause my first plans were canceld, so I went with Rachel to go see the Mikadoo, and i forgot about the game night.
So, here I am acknowledging the fact that I forgot to tell you that I couldn't come to the other party with games. There you go, but I did show up for the one on Sunday!! Go me!! Am I forgivin yet?? Here have a tasty pie!!

Becky said...

Natalie I forgive you because noone showed up to play games so me, Lisa and Nib went to see Phantom of the Opera again. I can tell you with asurity that it is just as good seeing it the fourth time as it was seeing it for the first time. Gerard Butler is hot. Oh and thanks for the tasty pie.
To pet peeves now.
I hate it when people don't like Buffy. I mean what is there not to like? You've got hot girls, hot guys, action, romance, drama, comedy. What else could someone possible want?!? It really annoys me when people don't like Buffy and they should be dragged out into the street and mocked and pointed at. But not shot because that's just going to far.
Oh and I don't like people who don't understand the concept of a blinker. Those people possibly should be shot.

Unknown said...

I agree, people out there who don't like Buffy....that's just rude!!!!!

Goddess said...

Personally, the phrase "pet peeve" really gets me as well. The only time that it's acceptable to use the word "peeve" at all is if you're referring to the character from Harry Potter. I am annoyed by skinny girls who have never felt fat (however, when I complained about being fat, I was). I hate the word "woo" and "tender" and all euphemisms for "pregnant". Really dislike American Heritage, hypocrites and people who over-sentimentalize life past, present and future (ie. just about everybody at BYU-Provo). I also dislike most foods with nuts in them. Perfectly good food is ruined by walnuts, or worse, pralines, rampaging through it. Okay, that's about all I can muster, having just made peace with the world by recognizing both my spiritual and physical selves (Yoga). Plus, I have to go now and plus, I think the only things I've ever posted here have been rants about things that upset me, and I should probably stop doing that. Cheerio!