Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Full of Excuses

Nicole is the queen of excuses to not fall asleep. Every night we play the game of putting her to bed, her coming out with some excuse and then putting her back to bed. We put her back to bed about 5 times a night. Here are a few of the excuses that Nicole has come up with for getting out of bed.
  • I need a drink. (We keep a sippy next to her bed to remedy this one)
  • I need to throw up. (We keep a throw up bowl next to her bed for this one. Only once has she actually needed this one.)
  • I need to go potty. (This one is totally legit and we let her go as many times as she wants. Don't want accidents in the bed!)
  • I miss you. (Hard to resist this one!)
  • I need a song.
  • I need a book.
  • I need a show.
  • I'm hungry. (To which we always respond that she should have eaten more at dinner.)
  • I'm scared. (She has two night lights and a stuffed seahorse that lights up AND she had Dan's mobile in her room now.)
  • I love you!
  • I need to sleep on your floor. (We let her sleep on the floor of our bedroom when she wakes up in the middle of the night. She thinks she should sleep there all the time.)
  • I need to say prayers.
  • I need to brush my teeth.
  • I need to brush my hair.
  • I need a clip (in her hair).
  • I need my pacifier. (Yes, she is still using a pacifier at night. She usually hides it and then comes crying that she has lost it, even though she knows exactly where it is.)
  • I need my kitty/ducky/hippo/rhino/bear/Kailan.
  • I need Dan.
  • I have itchies.
  • My legs hurt.
  • My bum hurts.
And, last night, I guess she had run out of excuses because she came into our room and I said, "What do you need?" and she said, "I need something." And then, she ran back to her room crying.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Oh Nicole. Such a clever girl.

Krista said...

I like last nights the best. So funny!

Mc said...

I heard if you turn the doorknob around so that it locks from the outside, then she can't come out with an excuse. :)

Laura said...

I love all the Nicolieisms that you post. It makes my day.