Thursday, January 03, 2013

Christmas

Christmas this year was the first one that we have spent in our own home with just our little family. Every other year, we have either been at my parents' or Matt's parents'... and one year all of the Kimball's came to our house for Christmas. So, this year, it was just us... because we were too sick to go to my parents' like we originally planned. But, it turned out for the best because we could just enjoy Christmas morning together.

Every Christmas Eve, the kids get Christmas pajamas so that when I am taking pictures of them on Christmas morning, they look cute. So, you shall see the kids in their new pajamas.

This is our beautiful little Christmas tree and stockings all laid out. I know that most people pile their presents in a beautiful presentation in front of the tree... but most of ours are in the back because the kids kept getting into them before Christmas.

This is our Dano on Christmas morning. He was a little sleepy. I think that Matt and I were more excited for Christmas than the kids were. We woke up first and were so excited to give the kids their presents that we woke them up too. Being a parent on Christmas is way more fun than being a kid on Christmas. I gain so much joy seeing them open their gifts and get excited about it.

Nicole's favorite gift this year (the one she asked for from Santa) was a pillow pet. She still says it was her favorite gift. I couldn't get blogger to put this picture upright. It is right on my computer, but blogger insists on displaying it sideways.
 

Dano has always been covetous of Nicole's piggy bank, so he got a piggy bank and quarters for Christmas. Dano always sticks out his tongue when he is concentrating on things like putting quarters in a pig.



 If you are asking yourself why Dan's face looks dirty, then the answer is because Mommy let him eat Andes mints while opening presents and before he eats breakfast. And, the best mother award goes to...
 Matt's big gift this year was a cordless drill. Which he will hopefully use to build me things.

Now, you may notice that there are no pictures of me. Well, that is because I was sick, looked horrible, and was wearing my pajamas when we were opening presents, so they were not blog worthy pictures.

But, I want to take a moment to tell you all how well my husband did with getting me gifts this year. I knew that he had gotten me a lot of gifts because in the weeks leading up to Christmas, I kept seeing packages show up at the house. But, Matt did very well this year. He got me some of the things that I asked for and then some of the things that I had mentioned that I wanted and he just remembered that I had mentioned that I wanted it. Good husband.

He got me a Qsnap quilting form so now I can tie my very own quilts! He got me organic, sulfate free shampoo that I love! And he got me a new watch, a teething necklace, a yoga strap and... my personal favorite Zelda Skyward Sword for the Wii. Yes, I am a nintendo freak who loves Zelda.



It was a good Christmas even though I was sick. After we opened presents, we spent the rest of the day playing with the kids new gifts. They got Legos for presents this year, so it was a lot of Lego-ing... and trains because Dan got a train set.

The kids were happy, I was happy, and it was a good day.

No comments: