Monday, December 20, 2004

Are We There Yet?

You know those times when everything is emotionally, mentally, and physically draining. That was this weekend for me. I'm so tired. I'm tired of feeling overwhelmed, tired of school, tired of crying, tired of working, and tired as in sleepy. Oh and small children on a road trip is never a good idea. I've decided that I'm either not having kids or not going on roadtrips with them. I guess we'll just have to see which one wins out through time. What do you do when everything falls in? How are you suppose to take one foot and place it in front of the other without that numb feeling that seems to arise to keep from feeling down? I know that all these feelings pass, but do they have to be so unfun? Can't life be easy? Can't there be singing and dancing and skipping through the daisies? If life was a musical I think that it would be both interesting and entertaining. And think of all the money that would be saved on entertainment because you could just go out into the street and see and the entertainment you could ever want. Breaking out into song is always fun, but if abused can become annoying. Of course all those who can't or don't sing very well will only ruin it for the rest of us. Alas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't want to make a blogger account, and really, you can't make me :P. Anyways this is Sarah. I feel your plight Becky, especially since i was there. You will have children, and you'll probly go on road trips, so alas, the curse continues sadly enough. I would have posted a certain poem that I wrote today, that I believe encompasses the feeling of this passage, but I left it in seminary. I'll see what I can do in getting it here. Until then, pretend you are crazy like a fox, cuz crazy foxes are funner than being sad. Thank you, and good night.

Becky said...

Crazy like a fox eh? That is a strange scenario. Are foxes usually crazy? And if they are, are they born that way, is it genetic? Or is it some sort of crazy therapy they go through when they hit a certain age? This would be a fascinating paper or post though. Perhaps you should elaborate in your own post on the board.

Sarah said...

I'll post what I please, thank you....maybe later though....dang you Becky!