Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I'm blogging Becky. See me blogging?

Through The Window
rain splatters the window lightly
It's dew touching the green, green grass,
As the fog covers from above, a thick blanket.
Amid the evergreen covered peaks,
Small wispy clouds hover, waiting.
The wind carries a scent of rainbows.
Too far away the rainbows lie,
In a canyon of jungles.
The small stones on the beach are polished to brightness,
Where the sun shines too harshly.
The clouds will block the sun,
While the fog wraps the green grass in eternity.
But the rainbows will not come,
For the wind must come first.
It tries to blow away the clouds, the fog.
They will not let it, they are too thick,
Even though with the sun comes rainbows.
The world is seen through the window
rain splatters the window lightly
Okay, so I had this other poem I was going to put on here, but I figured it was just too long to have two. Unlike my dear sister I do not have the talent of saying things straight out, so this will have to do. If you can even discern what the shmeck it means that is, maybe I'm not as symbolic as I would like to think. Anyways, comment if ya have that sudden urge deep iside yur belly to do so, and have a very merry christmas, or as we say in Navajo Indian, Merry Keshmish!

9 comments:

Becky said...

Baby, that was a very good poem! I didn't know that you wrote poetry. But I liked it very much! There is only one thing that I can't figure out, but I assume was done on purpose, why is rain not capitilized? It is the only lines that aren't capitilized. I gotta know. I love you Baby!

Sarah said...

Hey baby, thanks for your positive reinforcement, very much appreciated. I was contemplating not telling you why rain isn't capitalized just to torture you, but X-mas is near, and kindness counts. I wouldn't want to get on the naughty list or anything. rain isn't capitalized because it's different, it's a different point of view, a different time and a different place along with a different feeling, therefore I felt that the punctuation itself should be different to emphasize it's apartness from the rest of the passage. So there ya go :)

Becky said...

You're like a genius (sp?) Baby!

Unknown said...

Wow Sarah! Great poem. It was very nice. Who knew that Sarah could write poetry? I sure didn't.

Sarah said...

Thanks Natalie, and apparently no one knew
I write poetry. That suits me though since I usually dont share it with people, if they knew I would be wondering if they stalk me or something...

Becky said...

BLAST! You know about that?

Unknown said...

Becky! Stop stalking Sarah!!!

Becky said...

Oh like you aren't doing it too!

Unknown said...

It's true!!!!!