Monday, February 14, 2005

I'll get you St. Valentine, and Then you'll be sorry!

I am here, today, to lead the people against a tyrant who has long plagued us, down trodding the less fortunate and making them feel like scum on the bottom of his shoe as those around us are showered with gifts of the pink and red variety. This man has left millions of women in tears as others have made gain off of him and flaunted their fortune to the tearful women. Do we want to live in a society that, for an entire day, worships a man and a color above that of Buffy and neutrals? No! So I say to you, fellow oppressionists, if we join together, and stand up against, and say, "No," then we may finally be free of St. Valentine. Now who is with me? Who will speak with me?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Uhhhh...I kinda like valetnines day baby. I mean it's not like I got the opposite sex mooning over me and sending me multitudes of candies and flowers, but its like, spread the love man! Plus I can't find any jealousy of those with significant others considering I would probably rather kill myself than have to be beholden to some man, or most likely boy in my case, so it's kinda like, HA HA SUCKAS! Anyways, that's how everyone should view it, feel sorry for those poor saps having to buy useless gifts for eachother!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky said...

She's one of them, one of those "love spreaders!" She is on St. Valentines side! She's a witch, burn her!

Goddess said...

Burn! Burn! Still, I'm not exactly angry about Valentine's Day. It's an excuse to eat candy in the middle of February and I look great in red. Besides, if it weren't for Valentine's Day would you be eating dinner all happy in Salt Lake right now? Would you? Would you? Or would you be studying for a horrendous test? Hmmm??!!!!!

Marie said...

Sarah, did you swear in your comment? Is that why Becky had to remove it? You are a naughty girl!
Anyway, yeah Valentine's sucks when you are alone, but when you're not, it's great. Presents, candy, flowers, free dinner, maybe a movie, you get the point. Valentine's is mostly about the guy proving himself to the girl. He's supposed to plan it, he's gotta get you an awesome gift. If he fails, you have something to hold over his head for the rest of your relationship. What's bad about that?

Becky said...

You have all failed me with your talks of "love" now we must burn you all in sacrifice to the heathen St. Valentine Gods. I hope you are happy!

Unknown said...

I am on your side Becky! BURN THEM ALL!!!!