Monday, October 23, 2006

My Halloween Party

As many of you know, this weekend was my Halloween party. I once again lack the pictures to show you the results of the event, but maybe my beautiful older sister will be happy to oblige with that in the future.

The evening began with me and Matt cobwebbing Marie's house. I felt that it was thoroughly scary after we cobwebbed everything and anything with edges. Unfortunately, my cobwebbing skills were shot down as Matt proved to be more apt at applying cobwebs. I hang my head in cobweb shame!

Kelli, beautifully supplied the cider, dry ice, spooky punch bowl, which I thought looked smashing for the first hour until it lost it's smokyness and was just a bowl of slushy cider.

Eventually, guests showed up and we had a motley of characters attending. The characters were as thus: Gia (um mother earth or however that is spelled), Kitty, Pumpkin Head (who turned out to be the murderer of the evening), Betty Rubble, House (from the tv show), Wacko & Dot (of the animaniacs, still can't believe that Kelli doesn't know who they are), Nefi (played by Zach), Dai Monsterdai (the vampire hunter who wears a thundercats shirt), Ann Angrimob (the local tavern wench), a Goth horror writer in really tall boots, Count DeBodies (a film actor who wears scout metals), an Indian princess (as in from India), Superman (complete with fake muscles), Cinderella, a Harry Potter student, and I'm thinking that that is it. I'm pretty sure I forgot someone, and to that person, I am not sorry because your costume obviously wasn't memorable.

After much eating and some waiting around for all of the cast to arrive, we gave up and guests were gracious enough to fill in for missing cast members. I thought that the reading of the mystery went quite well, and the added ad-libs just made all the more funny. There were a mysteriously large amount of letters floating around in the game that helped to solve the mystery. Baby thought that there were too many letters, but I thought that there was just enough.

Post mystery, the party came to a close as people had to leave and I began frantically cleaning up. Matt, Karmen and Kelli were gracious enough to aid in the cleaning process. Many stuck around for prolonged chatting and such and it was a good time. We all pattered off around 12am.

I felt that it was very successful. Not my best party, but it was still a fun party with excitment and dressing up. To all those that did not make it to my party, you were missed. To all those who said that they were coming and then didn't show, *shakes fist heartily.*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I wonder why everyone thinks it's so great to be the first comment...ANYWAY...Props on your almost-the-best-party-you've-ever-thrown...party.

Goddess said...

You forgot to mention my extremely successful Lady Not Appearing in the Party costume.

Unknown said...

ooh ooh! I was there, yup. I didn't have a costume...except for the wench thing and the sleeping with everyone in the story thing...good times.

Justin said...

Nat, how does April 14th work for you?

Oh, and the party was teh something fun. I say you should do more costume-oriented things more often...oh wait, upon examining your blog I realize that you do...and I just never appear...because I'm not WANTED :(

I shall now return to my poorly-accented austrian sulking.

Sarah said...

Ha ha, Midnight and Mellers are the best tire thieves...and Mike stop stealing our foodz. Um, pretty much Becky is taller than me...by a lot, and Justin doesn't come to our parties cuz he has...ah no life! Mwahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Wait.. Wouldn't NOT coming to a party mean that you DO have a life? No offense Bec, just a linear thought...Oh, wait, I lost it... Anyhoo, I like Tilamook Cheese. 'Tis good. Special Reserve, aged 11 months. *aaauuugghhh.... Drool*

Sarah said...

Ha ha, no silly Joshua. I think your "linear" thoughts are simply a result of the fact that you're never invited to said parties. I hope you and your cheese share a good life together.

Anonymous said...

Not being invited. Logic, whatever. I was implying that Justin had a life, I said NOTHING of mine.

Justin said...

I've got so much of a life, I don't even know I'm alive!!