Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry Christmas, Here's a Sickness

So, I am late in posting and I don't care. And, I have no pictures because I'm the lamest. I really don't like how I'm looking right now, so maybe pictures will happen post pregnancy. If I ever figure out how to put video up on the blog, maybe I will put up some video of this Christmas.

Mom and Dad Kimball came out for Christmas and stayed with us. We were very glad to have them around! We went up to my brother Jake's for Christmas Eve with my family. Jake and Jill made an awesome dinner of Thanksgiving food. We mostly lounged around and then ate and chatted with the brothers and sisters. After dinner, all of us adult children went into the little front room and opened the gifts that we got for each other. Matt got an electric nose trimmer from Sarah and some chocolate body spray. Both Matt and Sarah thought it was hilarious. Johnny got me Sleeping Beauty on DVD, which is what I asked for.

Mom and Bill got us some fantastic gifts this year. They got us a stroller that our car seat fits into. Norm and Rand our giving us their old car seat. Plus, Mom and Bill got me a Boppy. Which Jill claims is awesome and I will love it. I am forced to believe her until the baby is born and I am able to use it. Plus, Matt and I used some of our credit card points to get a pack n play for free! Now we have a place for the baby to sleep, sit, and stroll. We are very blessed to have so many gifts for the baby coming to us.

Christmas day we spent with the Kimball's at our house. It was a difficult pregnancy day for me, unfortunately, so Matt was left with making Christmas dinner by himself. We were suppose to do it together, but I spent most of the time in bed because the baby was moving and really hurting me. Matt is a trooper and did a wonderful job making dinner; it was delicious. Plus, Matt was making dinner most of the other nights that his parents were with us. He is super husband/son.

We had DJ and Carlos for presents this year and we gave Acquire to DJ and a Wii game to Carlos. I think that DJ really loves his new game. Or, that is what I am going to believe anyway. Matt got a jigsaw from Anne and I got WallE from Carlos. I had never seen WallE before and it was actually really cute, I liked it. I asked for Disney movies this year and I got a lot of them! Mom and Dad Kimball gave us a DVD player (we have never had one, just a playstation and an xbox), and they got us a bunch of Disney DVDs. It will take us a while to watch them all. We wanted to up our kid dvd collection since we have a child coming our way soon. We were very lucky with all the gifts that we received this year.

Matt and I also bought one large gift for each other and one small gift. I got Matt a table saw and Get Smart on DVD. He got me a Singer sewing machine and Dr. Horrible on DVD. I love my gifts! I wanted a sewing machine so that I could hone my sewing skills and make things for the baby. I haven't finished reading the user's manual (yes, I am one of those), but once I do, I'm going to start trying it out. I will probably need help from my Mom while I am relearning sewing because I haven't done it in a few years, but I am very excited! Plus, Dr. Horrible, where's the bad? There is no bad.

So, I can't have a vacation without getting sick. It just wouldn't be me. I started feeling a sickness coming on on Sunday. I still tried to be strong and went to church and all, but by Sunday night, it was over, I was just not feeling good. I've got either a really mean cold or a version of the flu. I went to the doctor's on Monday to make sure that I didn't have strep throat because we know people who have had it, but luckily, I don't. Just a virus; a virus that hates me and wants me to suffer. It is now Wednesday and I have not been back to work. Matt has been sick too, so we were both home on Monday and Tuesday. Matt went to work for a few hours this morning and then came home. We both have tomorrow off work because of the holiday, which is nice because then neither of us have to use PTO. Hopefully, I will be feeling well enough on Friday to return to work. It has been over a week since I've been to work and I've been in bed for three days. I'm growing tired of being in bed all day. I've already made my way through two seasons of Smallville. I start on the third season tomorrow. I think that Matt has grown tired of Smallville, but I could watch through all the six seasons that we have.

Happy New Year Blog Viewers!

5 comments:

Marie said...

I started feeling sick today too. Being sick is lame!

I want a sewing machine too once I have kids. If you shop for things on sale you could probably buy things for less money than material costs, but when you make something yourself you feel more special.

Does your Dr. Horrible DVD have special features? I want to watch it!

Jasmine said...

Boppys are the BEST! You will use it a lot. I used it for nursing, naps, playtime, downtime, and Joel even uses it for a neck pillow from time to time. I love mine. And, even though Alexis has kind of outgrown it, I still love having it around. :)

I'm sorry you're sick, but glad that you had a good Christmas. :)

Becky said...

Yes there are special features! They are pretty good. The musical commentary isn't as good as I thought it would be, but it is enjoyable to watch.

I'm glad that my boppy will come in useful. Now if this baby would just finish baking so that I could use it. She is taking forever!

Adrianne Miller said...

I feel your pain. I had an awful cold type of thing for the past two weeks and I am finally feeling better. The coughing was the worst cause it was a really yucky loud, deep cough and my baby growing area started to really hurt each time I coughed. Weird. Anyway, I am more alive these days so I hope you are as well. Down with sickness during pregnancy!

Sarah said...

Being sick is nooooo fun. Fee lbetter babes.