Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Working is Lame

So, I'm all back at work now. Work is so completely lame! I've been back for a week and a half, which means that I only have two and a half weeks left, but it feels like forever. Because I am only working for a short period of time, there is not much for me to do at work because they can't put me on any of the long term projects. Which means that I have been editing documents for the last week and a half. Editing is not bad because it is extremely easy, but it is also very boring. Editing doesn't really require very much brain power, so it is boring. I've taken to listening to audio books while I'm editing so that the time passes faster.

My wonderful mother is watching Nicole while I am back at work. I am so grateful that she is able and willing to watch Nicole. I would hate it if I had to leave Nicole at some day care during the day. She is my precious baby and I want her to be as spoiled as I like to treat her. Grandma spoils her plenty, which I love.

After working for just this short period of time, I have a new respect for Dads. Dads leave their kids and wife every day and go off to work. That is one of the hardest things to do! I cry every morning that I have to leave Nicole because I don't want to leave her. I just want to spend all my time with her and take care of her. It is really difficult for me to leave her every morning. Matt is so wonderful for working every day since Nicole has been born. I don't know how he has handled it so well. I am so grateful that Matt has a job that will allow me to be home with my baby.

Before the baby was born, I wasn't sure if I would like being home all day. I was so used to working all day that I thought that I would be bored. I am far from bored! Nicole is constantly entertaining me. Whether I am taking care of her or if we are just playing together, I love being with her all day. I thought that I would want to continue working somewhat because I went to all the trouble of getting my education and finding a profession that I loved, but I find motherhood more fulfilling than any job than I have ever had. I know that I want to spend the rest of my life raising my babies and taking care of my husband. It is the most rewarding and exciting job that I have ever had, I love it!

So, I endure these next two and a half weeks of work and try to enjoy these last days with my coworkers, but I anxiously anticipate the time when I can be home with Nicole again. I hope that this post about me, not Nicole suffices and makes my elder brother happy.

6 comments:

Jasmine said...

Thank you for giving me that perspective about dads. I guess I never really thought much about how Joel feels about going to work each day--especially right now as he's working 10-14 hour days. He's expressed before that he would love nothing more than to be a stay-at-home dad, so thank you for reminding me of that.

And hey, it's hump day! You're almost to the half-way point, and it'll go much faster from there. :) You're such a great mom. I love reading about how much you love Nicole and Matt and the job that is being a mother.

Jasmine said...

Oh, and if you want a really fun audio-book to listen to, get "The Wee Free Men". I forget the author, but I'm listening to it right now (a mother's day present from my mom), and it's fabulous! Very fun.

Marie said...

Working IS lame. I don't have kids at home, but I still think that working is lame. But I couldn't imagine not working and earning money. I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

And log on to the chat so we can chat!

Lauren said...

Wait, so you're saying you'd rather be at home spending time with Nicole than at work spending time with us? I think I'm offended.

Lisa D said...

hehehe...as I was reading your post I thought to myself, "Hey cool, she's giving an update on herself," and then I read your last sentence and laughed. I think Mike will be pleased :)

Mc said...

I am pleased.